8; love lost.

emmy lay outside the cousin's house with belly, waiting for jere, steven and conrad to come back from the beach, she was awoken by conrad who was shaking the water from his hair out onto her stomach and face as she sunbathed.

"you're back," she smiled up at him, squinting a little from the sun. "i'm back,"

conrad bent down to touch the necklace he had given her, a small little infinity sign that hung perfectly around her neck, just inbetween her collarbones, "we get it, you guys are into each other. get a room," jeremiah joked, clearly glad to see the couple so happy together. "don't listen to him, you two are perfect together," susannah speaks up, holding a jug with juice in it. conrad smiled at his moms words, knowing they were very much correct. emmy could tell by the smug look on his face.

he bent down to kiss her, their lips locking together. she was at peace, she was happy there. the summer house was her happy place.

her dream reality soon came to a finish when steven tapped her shoulder in class, making her jolt upwards from her desk. "you okay?" he asks her, her still adjusting to her reality again, surrounded by her classmates in that dull room. her brother stared at her with concern in his eyes. she didn't want his pity.

"yeah.., just tired after the finals," she tells him as she nods, turning her head to look the other way. she had studied her ass off trying to get good grades for colleges still, even though she was seriously struggling. she still needed to make an effort or her mom would get mad at her over it. she couldn't deal with that, not now.

she wasn't in cousins.

conrad and her had broken up.

susannah was dead.

nothing would ever be the same again and it was all her fault.

conrad and emmy walked back from the beach together, her still in her dress and him still in his tux from the deb ball

"i still feel like i'm dreaming every time i'm around you," she spoke, sounding a bit shy as she told him. he spun her around to look at her, leaning down to kiss her. "how about now?"

she rolled her eyes, "you're so stupid," she said laughing, "you love me, be honest," he said teasing as he wrapped his arm around her lower back, "yeah yeah, whatever," she said trying to hold down a smile but it was too hard, the corner of her lips were turning up no matter how much she tried to stop.

"you looked beautiful last night," he told her, seeming like he'd been trying to find the best time to say it, "you looked radiant,"

she was a goner by then, her smile was fully taking control. she stopped him, hooking her arms around his shoulders quickly and kissing him over and over. not wanting to let go, it was perfect. they were perfect. "radiant," she mimicked, teasing him a little, "what? it's true," he said staring down at her, he was so in love with her.