5; summer catch.

conrad woke up the next morning with the sunlight shining through emmy's bedroom curtains. her at his side, still sleeping peacefully.

he sat up in her bed, still half asleep when he peered down at her, gently lifting his hand over to her face and tucking some hair behind her ear.

she only woke up when she heard the door open again, him walking back into her room after just getting out the shower and his hair still damp.

"morning, sunshine," him smiling wide at the girl, "god, what time is it..," she mumbled as she rubbed her eyes, "it's only ten, you can relax. i'll go get you a coffee," he said as he bent down to kiss her, "thank you," she smiled softly at the fisher boy before he headed downstairs.

he took out two mugs, pouring the coffee that was left in the pot into them when he heard jeremiah coming down the stairs, "morning," he spoke to his brother, jeremiah looking like he was in a rush.

"morning," he responded, watching as conrad finished the coffee pot, "seriously?" jeremiah now sounding irritated as he looked to conrad, "you can have it," he told jeremiah, holding one of the mugs out to him. "thanks," he said sounding a little shocked, "mm-hmm,"

conrad moves to start making more coffee, "hey, where is everyone?" "uh, belly and steven are at the club, doing the whole deb thing," "ah," conrad says as he dumps out the old stuff into the trash, "yeah,"

"you want some eggs? i'll make some," conrad says to him, which makes jeremiah a little confused now, "uh, i gotta get to the club," "right,"

"so, uh... what's with the good mood?" jeremiah wondered, the corners of conrad's lips turned up a little, "i don't know, maybe i'm just happy to be alive, after you almost blew me up last night,"

"i said i was sorry. i didn't know you guys were out there," jeremiah told his brother before looking out the window, "what were you guys doing out there, anyway?" "i don't know. just talking,"

jeremiah looking at his brother a bit angrily, knowing he wasn't being honest, "about..?" he questioned.

"don't you have a pool to vacuum?" conrad said trying to get him off his back, jeremiah checked his phone. "shit. i'm already late,"

he rushed off out the door to head to work, conrad smiling a little to himself. he turned around to see laurel walking in, "good morning, laurel," "morning," she responded as he walked past her with the two cups of coffee, looking back at him thinking to herself what could've changed his mood.

conrad returned with two cups of coffee, tapping emily's shoulder to wake her up again.

"hey..," she mumbled, "here you go, some caffeine," he placed the mug on her beside table, "i have to head out, i'm meeting cleveland. i'll see you later, okay? try not to sleep the whole day away," he said kissing her forehead, "thank you," she tells him again as he headed out the door, gently shutting it behind him.

 i'll see you later, okay? try not to sleep the whole day away," he said kissing her forehead, "thank you," she tells him again as he headed out the door, gently shutting it behind him