03: Goodbye Latters (part2)

"This one is addressed to you, Rebekah," Hayley said, looking at the younger Mikaelson sister

"It's from Madison" that caught the blonde vampire's attention.

"What?" She got up and walked towards the table where Hayley was with the letter and handed it to Rebekah who took it and opened it and started reading it

"Dear mother, it's me, Maddie, I hope you have fun, but mother, there is something you should know. Me and the others went to have a new adventure. The reason for this is because we don't like how any of you are treating we're compared to Hope, that's not right but you and the others aren't' I just want you to play with me like you played with Hope, teach me how to read like you taught Hope, read me to sleep like you did with Hope, to take me shopping like you did with her, or tell me you love me, but you never do any of that but Marcel and the others do, they're there when you're not'

I don't know if you know but I'm part witch, part vampire, and something else, that's what the ancestors told me, I don't understand much of what they said but I understand that they said I was strong, maybe more stronger than Hope. I haven't activated my Vampire side and I hope I never do because I don't like hurting others but I can do magic, my ancestors told me that I got it from grandma, I can do simple spells like levitating things, I can open doors, I could use some protection spells, and other fun things that Athena, aunt Sophia, and the others taught me.

Please don't be mad at uncle Marcel or the others, they are nice, they buy us things to play with and they teach us new tricks. I remember when uncle Josh and uncle Aiden taught me how to ride a bike while the others were still doing schoolwork, I fell a few times and cried but they told me to keep smiling, and that way other people would see how strong I was, so I did it and in the end, I finally did it and it was really fun, they bought me ice cream and took me shopping with them, they bought me two beautiful dresses that had flowers on them, both were white, but one had pink flowers with leaves and stuff while others have red roses at the bottom.

Aunt Sophie has taught us many spells and she is very kind to us, please don't be angry with her, she cares about us and she is the one who taught us how to write and tell us. we told stories, Uncle Diego played with us and took us around the quarter and told us stories about the city, and uncle Marcel and aunt Sophie told us bedtime stories and took us to school, aunt Sophie did our hair and took us shopping. Please Don't be angry with them, they are family. I think I'll end this letter here because I'm sleepy. Bye bye mom sincerely, Madison

"She sounds like a sweet girl, Bex," Hayley said, looking at the blonde

"Yes," agreed when he saw his daughter's letter

"She has beautiful handwriting for a six year old"

"This one is addressed to you, brother" Klaus turned to his older brother with a note in a blue envelope "It says it's from Alexander"

Elijah took the letter from his brother and began reading it as he stood up

"Dear father or should I say, dear Elijah, by the time you read this the others and I will be long gone, and honestly, that was the best thing we had to do. My biggest regret is that I will be leaving Marcel and the people behind, someone else who watched the other and I grow and truly loved us equally.

You probably know by now because I'm 90% sure that it might be my twin, Athena has mentioned this but I'll explain it again, I'm part witch but I prefer the term, warlock, I'm also part vampire which I understand I got from you and maybe mom . I can do magic like no other, I know some simple spells and some defense and protection spells, as well as some others, for my vampire side, I almost triggered my vampire side as a child but I was saved by Marcel and I am very grateful for that's because I don't want to deal with blood just yet, I also don't wish that for my 4 cousins and my other twin because they are also part vampire, I don't care about what happens to Hope remember how he had treated us growing up. I don't wish death upon her but I do hope she sees the error in being selfish and a total brat.

Athena is my sister who I worry about the most out of all of you for some reason. She's both smart and sweet but she has a brutal mother side so I just hope she doesn't become Klaus. Athena won't say it but I will. The mother's ancestor had close ties to the devil, as she was Amara's doppelganger so Athena technically had that blood. So she's stronger than Hope maybe, no one knows. She never wanted to show us.

The years I spent in this house were the worst of my life, and that's saying a lot because me and my twin are 9 years old and I've been here since Sinner and Hope was born and the fact that you ignored me just because a woman told you to really sad, you say that you are a man of your word but where are the words that you promised my mother before she died? You promised him you would keep me safe and happy but I haven't been safe or happy in this place, I almost died from falling from a balcony when I was 5 because you were busy reading to Hope while I wondered unsupervised, Hayley was there there but he didn't do anything to try to save me, luckily Uncle Marcel was there and used his vampire speed to save me before I fell, thanks to him you still have a son. With all this, all I have to say is goodbye dad. And if you know, Athena is even stronger than us. More than anything. She's the best part for us.
Sincerely Alec.

Elijah felt increasingly angry as he stared at the girl he loved who was now looking away with guilt and shame, refusing to look at her boyfriend.

"Is that true Hayley? You know he almost died?"

"I..." Hayley was speechless at the anger on the older vampire's face

"Is that true?!"

He shouted which made everyone stare in shock, but who could blame him? He just found out his girlfriend knew about his son nearly dying.

"Yeah" he admitted as he looked at her

"I know and I didn't do anything to save him"

"Why?" he sat up as she stared at him in pure anger

"I thought maybe by getting away from him you would stop loving Katherine and love me and Hope for more"

"I stopped loving her a long time ago, my child is not proof that I still love her, he is my child, my flesh and blood."

Elijah stood up and looked at her with a look that could kill and realized something

"I chose you over him, I chose a married woman over my only son who is now lost."

He fell to his knees as she looked up crying

"I wasn't there for his first words, his first steps or his first spell, I missed it all"

"Elijah" Hayley tried to comfort him but he just pushed her away

"Don't" he said as he looked at her and stood up

"Don't" Hayley took a step away from the taller man, "we are over, I can't be with someone who will let my child die."

"No, please, Elijah" Hayley cried as she looked at him

"Forgive me"

"No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I chose you" with that he grabbed his son's wolf and the vampire speed away as he left a broken Hayley in the room.