Chapter 26: I Will Save Him

Start from the beginning

Saji: I will!

Azazel gave a light chuckle and turned the rest of the girls, except for Sona.

Azazel: As for the rest of you, Grigori has some Artificial Sacred Gears to research. And you'll all be getting them to work with.

Sona Peerage: Huh?

Azazel: You see, Grigori needs someone to research these tools. So, Grigori would love to see how you'd park with these bad boys. Don't worry, based on a background check, you'll have some neat powers that benefit your skills.

With that, there was no complaint and the House of Sitri began their training program and testing of the Artificial Sacred Gears given to them.

(Exceptions: Sona, Tsubaki, Saji and Hajime will not be given Artificial Sacred Gears.)

With Reya
Serafall watched as Reya was working on practicing with floating masks with huge and gleeful smiles.

Azazel: Reya Kusaka, a granddaughter of a witch. The Scouting Persona or the Masquerade of Monsters, is going to be a great fit for her. The ability to use masks to act as a sort surveillance and as shields for defense. It'll be a great opportunity to utilize Kusaka with another talent with a spying ability while still using the ability of support with defense.

Serafall: I have to say that this Sacred Gear really reflects Reya's personality.

Reya began to focus more on the masks. She closed her eyes and one mask was already moving around. It was as if Reya was seeing through it.

Azazel gave a smile of accomplishment.

Azazel: Looks like she got the hang of it.

With Momo
Momo was seen working with a pair of bracelets on her wrists.

With those bracelets, Momo began to generate barriers made of pure energy.

Azazel: Momo Hanakai, her father apparently owns a high post in a company affiliated with the Sitri Clan. Applause Wall or the Garden of Moments, is a pure defensive Sacred Gear. This power has the ability to generate strong force field barriers at will within a certain distance! They should be sturdy enough to withstand the Red Dragon Emperor's Balance Breaker, assuming he manages to peak first.

Serafall: It's just like Reya, it fits her personality.

Azazel smiled as Momo had made a barrier with the bracelets.

Azazel: Well done Hanakai

With Tomoe
Tomoe stood alone, in a stand she would normally have with a katana, her specialty sword. Her eyes were closed, and she was focusing on her energy and awareness around her.

Azazel: Tomoe Meguri. If I remember right, she was a former member of the Meguri Clan, who exorcise demons as if it's their life with their unique Spirit Swords. But the poor girl had her soul cursed since the day she was born cause a certain Youkai held a grudge against the family.

Serafall: You'd be correct. Her parents called for Sona to break her curse. The only way to do so was to reincarnate her as a devil. This resulted in Tomoe and her parents to be exiled from the clan for Tomoe becoming a devil.

Azazel: Truly a sad story. Aside from that, I'm giving her a tool I really like. It's called the Blazer Shining or Darkness Samurai Sword, aka the Dragon Slaying Blade of Light and Darkness. This blade contains a mixture of both light and darkness attributes with high destructive powers and possesses the ability to cut down spirits without physical form.

Serafall: This reminds me of Kiba's Balance Breaker with the Holy Demonic Sword.

Azazel: Exactly. It happened to be my result of researching Kiba's Holy-Demonic Sword. Not only that, I've been making several variations of this sword.