Chapter 26: I Will Save Him

Sitri Manor
3rd Person POV
Sona sat in the family library that belonged to the House of Sitri, where she would spend her time reading. However, she was at a table with her phone up to her ear.

Sona: I see...thank you for the information Rias. I need to go now....Goodbye.

Sona hung up on Rias. She set her phone away and looked down at her book. Her body was visibly shaking. She seemed restless, as if she couldn't even think straight either. Sona put her hands to her forehead and leaned towards the table.

Sona: He turned...no...this can't be...no...not him! Hajime...Damnit...

She was already facing a certain amount of stress with the loss of a servant. But now finding out the turn of becoming a threat's leader became an even worse situation for Sona.

Sona: This problem is only getting worse. Come on Sona...breathe for once!

Sona took some deep breaths in and exhaled on intervals. She took this as a chance for some time to calm her nerves down.

Finally, she is able to calm her breathing. Sona looked back at the book she was reading.

Sona: I'm not quitting. But I'll need to up my water magic techniques to a much stronger level so I don't fall behind. Everyone else is working hard, really hard. I'll have to put in much more of an effort.

Meanwhile
Small Timeskip
Among the House of Sitri, each member is focusing on their training. This began with a program in which Azazel made for them each respectively. Serafall Leviathan was with them as well, watching Sona's peerage.

Azazel: Alright. For your training, this will be an opportunity for me to allow you to practice Sacred Gears as well.

Saji: Since when did the House of Sitri need more Sacred Gears?

Azazel: I have to say Saji, you have two alone naturally against Rias's four. All four alone have been toning up to be extremely formidable. Especially Hyoudou's Boosted Gear.

Sona: If he manages to activate his Balance Breaker, it'll be a problem for us in the upcoming Youth Devil Rating Game Tournament if we ever face the House of Gremory.

Saji: Hold on. The House of Sitri has two?

Tsubaki turned to Saji.

Tsubaki: I too have a Sacred Gear, Saji.

Saji jumped back a bit and turned to Tsubaki.

Saji: Vice President Shinra?!

Azazel: If I remember right, it's the Mirror Alice, the Mirror of Recollection. Right? The ability to redirect attacks double the power.

Saji: Whoa damn. That's a badass power.

Azazel: Yes. With that, Tsubaki can become one hell of a defensive powerhouse! But you need to understand how to utilize it and activate your Balance Breaker as well. That's why we'll be working on your abilities with Mirror Alice.

Tsubaki: Very well.

Azazel turned to Saji.

Azazel: Saji. You need to become truly one with the Prison Dragon King, Vritra. And Absorption Line isn't the only Sacred Gear with his soul inside. Luckily for you, Grigori has the rest. So I'm ordering them to have the rest of Vritra's Sacred Gears implanted into you! You'll be working on utilizing all four of those abilities and truly become one with one of the Great Dragon Kings. You have a lot of catch up work to do if you are gonna be on par with Issei and Hajime.

Saji: Damn...but...you're right. I'll have to work hard so I can beat Issei!

Azazel: That's the spirit! Fight hard Saji!