Chapter 7

*Summer break has started*

Fakhir's Pov(Its been weeks since the last day of the semester..Aeniy and me have barely had a conversation, every time I try to talk to her, she makes up a reason and leaves..I hate what we are now..I miss our conversations, movies time etc..with school being closed..the little time that we spent together in car, on breakfast table, early mornings were all gone..Even if I want to sit and clear out things with her..what will I say when I myself  do not have clarity about anything...)

Aeniy's Pov( I do not have the guts to face Fakhir anymore..knowing there is no hope for us..The fact that I always knew this would happen..But never knew it would be so difficult to handle.. that It would hurt so much.. All my life, my father made me feel like I was nothing but a burden..But I had the slightest hope for my relationship with Fakhir since we were really trying to understand each other..but after that day, that slightest hope of mine was killed..Now I feel nothing but a burden to Fakhir also ,so have  I decided to my distance from him..so I don't burden him more..)

(Sameena and Aysha  having  their evening cup of tea after all their chores)

Aysha: Bhabhi, have you observed Aeniy and Fakhir recently..

Sameena: Yaa I have ,they have drifted apart.. Don't know what  happened recently. They were all fine  and getting along..

Aysha: Ya bhabi..Don't know what is wrong with them..

Sameena: Even I taught of talking to Fakhir..

Aysha: You try..I tried speaking to Aeniy but she did not tell me anything...

Sameena: I will talk to him tomorrow..its time to give tablets Zaheer, Let me go and give it to  him..

Aysha: Yes Bhabhi..You go I will  wash these cups and come and help you soon..

(Sameena nods and leaves towards her  bedroom)

(Sameena tries to wake up Zaheer)

Sameena: Zaheer..Zaheer, Get up please..You have take to your medicine..You can sleep after that...

(There was no response from him..so she tries to move him to wake him up..Zaheer's body had turned cold..)

Sameena:(anxious)  Zaheer..Zaheer, wake up please...(calls for Fakhir) Fakhir Fakhir....Habib..Habib..Ayshaa..Come fast, Zaheer is not waking up...( calls for help in disparity)

(With that Zaheer had left the world with a severe cardiac arrest..which  had turned his body cold..)

(The entire family was in complete despair and shock..Zaheer, being the eldest son, had done so much for the family after his father's death ,  making sure his sisters are settled, Helping Habib financially, Taking care of Aeniy and Faiza's needs when Habib was irresponsible. Being the sole bread winner of the family...)

(Fakhir and Aeniy enter the room in complete shock)

(Fakhir goes near the body of his father..in complete disbelief)

Fakhir: Baba..Baba..get up.. I am here..You can't leave me like this,See I am not treating Aeniy right..wake up Baba, Hit me..scold me..get up..Baba..(desperately tries to wake his father up)..Aeniy tell baba..I am not taking care of you..he will listen to you..and wake up..(Pulls Aeniy who was standing near the door sobbing seeing her uncle who took care of her instead of her father, dead right before her eyes) Aeniy..Aeniy tell him know..

(With that Fakhir breaks down hysterically into tears while falling down on his knees in front of his Father's body while sobbing, Aeniy tries to hold him..) 

(Habib comes to hold him, cause he was the one who could understand his pain..Since Zaheer was no less than a father to Habib..He was the person who raised him after his father's death...)

Habib: Fakhir.. Beta please get yourself together..(trying to control his tears) We need to be strong for your Ammi and Dadi..(hugs him sharing the same emotions..) We are men, crying is for the weak,..We need to be strong beta..I am sure Bhai sab will go to a better place..

(Fakhir wipes his tears and goes to his mother..who had not only lost her husband..but the person whom she had dedicated her entire life to..She had suffered a greater loss than him.. he hugged her and sat right next to her..)

Fakhir's pov( There I was in front of  My Baba, My father, My hero, my role model... lying cold and motion less in front of me..my father was never a perfect husband..He was strict, Always wanted his way..But he definitely was the best father to me...Fulfilled all my fancies, while I was the most irresponsible son to him..who always wanted my way..There is no way he can leave me and go..I was so lost..Now who will guide me, Teach me everything, scold me when I am wrong. Habib chachu came told me I need to man up..He was right.. my mom was in greater pain than I was..I had to make sure my father my gets  to a better place..so I bottled all my emotions..and decided to be strong for my mother...)

Aeniy's Pov(I will never get in terms with the fact that Bade Abbu was no more..Bade Abbu was more of a father to me..When my father made me feel like a burden..Bade Abbu was always there to give me fatherly love and make me feel wanted..Bade Abbu always supported me studying ,Bade abbu always celebrated my achievements when my own father was unbothered. Gave me confidence when I felt low.. He was always there for me..While I was hurt..I saw Fakhir..he was devastated, shattered by Bade abbu's loss, while I had lost my father figure.. Fakhir had lost his loving father, his mentor, His guiding light..But it only took him few minutes to keep his grief and emotions and go to Badi Ammi to console her although he was in great pain..That moment, I saw Bade Abbu in Fakhir..Just like Bade Abbu always cared about his family before himself..I felt immense respect for him, I promised Bade Abbu on our wedding day to always care for Fakhir..Today I will promise him one last thing, it is going to be Fakhir's needs over mine..Not because of traditions, But for Bade Abbu, who took of care me and my mother and sister, This is the least I can do to repay his kindness..)

( With a very heavy heart, everyone in the family, with all people who cared about Zaheer proceeded with Funeral, Fakhir never expressed his grief even after all the funeral rituals were done, he took care of everything, so  that his father could go to a better place, He prayed to the almighty to take care of his father and he promised his father, to be the son Zaheer wanted him to be and try to take care of the family just like he did, told himself to be strong so that he could make sure his mother could come out of this dark that his father's death had taken her to..  )

With that, Fakhir a young boy was forced to step into the shoes of a Responsible man who had no room to express emotions, grief, an ideal persona of a strong man who never cried, cause crying is for the weak, strong men never cried , That deep rooted myth that the society had moulded him to believe...