It smelled exactly a hospital. Except it looked prettier. Brown walls and a couch in the lobby. Plants, warm lights.

It was way different than I expected. This was... comfortable. A place that would make it way easier to recover.

"This way." A male walked in front of me after I told him who I wanted to visit. We entered a hallway, one that was less cozy than the lobby, but not uncomfortable.

Dozens of doors were on the sides of the hallways, each with a number like it was some kind of hotel.
The man stopped in front of one. Opened the door, and let me in.

Two arms wrapped around me before I even looked around. My mom's hand pressed against the back of my head as I hugged her back, soon getting used to her touch like the old days.

"Look at my beautiful girl." She whispered after inspecting my body from bottom to top. Placed a kiss on my forehead.

My mom looked well. Her blonde hair was cut short to her ears, but it was no longer greasy and a weird texture. Her eyes weren't duff anymore. They were bright blue. No more bags around them.

"You look well, Mom." I hugged her again. "Very well."
She hummed.

Her room had white walls. Plants decorated half of the place. Gray sheets on her bed, along with a carpet in the same color.

"Well, this is my shack now." She sat me down on the bed. "Not much longer, though. They said I could leave soon."

I smiled. That was awesome. It meant she recovered good enough. She was healthy again.
"I did kind of uh... sell the apartment."

"I know."
Oh.
"They contacted your father. Threatened to give our household money or we would get a court case."

"Damn." I breathed, impressed. "Did he give enough to buy a house?"

"No, of course not." She laughed, her eyes squeezing slightly. "But I'll get a job. And we can lend money from the government. We'll make it." A pause. "Anyway. Enough about me! How's it going with you?"

I chuckled. My head got thrown back. "Always moving on quickly. But yeah, it's really great."

"You're staying with Minho, right?"

"Well, he calls it 'living'." I smiled at myself. "Says we're going to buy a house soon. More like he is going to buy it, but we still are going to."

She let go of a breath. "That's awesome."

"It is."

"This isn't my place to say, but I like him a lot better than the other one. Aiden." She muttered.

My smile faded, yet I nodded. "About that... Aiden and Minho used to be friends. Really good friends. Until.."

"Until?"

"Minho found out that he used to hit me." I touched my chin. "I don't wanna ruin his reputation with you, but Minho nearly beat him to death."

"As he should've."

Surprised, I looked up at her.
"You think so?"

"I can't even remember if I ever met Aiden, but from your stories I could understand when I was sober, he wasn't the ideal boyfriend." She sighed for a long time. "But Minho's stories? Perfect."

My smile curved up again. "Everything about him is perfect." 

My mom laughed again, her arm wrapping around me. "Too bad... that accident."

"He's recovering." I assured. "Dramatically."

"I'm sure he is."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Nari? Minho?" I asked when I got back home and hung my scarf on the wall. All the lights were off and I didn't hear voices, or the TV Nari mostly had on.

The living room was empty and dark, just like the kitchen. So with an exhale, I sat down on the couch. They probably went to do something outside.

Greek God ❤️♾️

Princess
You back yet?

Yep
Are you home?

Yes

What about Nari?

No
Thomas's house.

Where are you?

You're a little blind
Look around
You'll see

I looked around. All I saw was some candles and rose petals on the ground. No Minho or Nari. And it was dark as h- wait.

Candles and rose petals?