019

N I N E T E E N
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

My phone went off, and since I saved the number my mother kept calling with, I now knew this was her, too.

Thomas sat next to me on the couch, scrolling on the TV after breakfast because he managed to convinced Newt he was sick.

I doubted he actually was.

And I just... stayed with him. Because why not?

"Hey." I pressed the phone to my ear as Thomas turned off the TV so my mother could hear me better. "How are you, Mom?"

"It's going quite well, honey." She said. "I made a a dumb decision to drink a few days ago, but I'm sobered up now. What about you? Everything all right?"

"Yeah, so far." I nodded. "Yesterday we—."

Thomas groaned into the phone loudly, a deep grin on his face.

My eyes widened. "Uh, yesterday we went to the spa."

"What was that?"

"What? Oh, uh... I bumped my head." I said fast, because if I told her that this was Thomas joking around she would maybe dislike him when they would ever meet.

Now there was a whimper.

I shook my head at Thomas and pressed a finger to my lips. "I guess I'll—."

"Who's with you?" Her tone was suspicious.

"I- uh, it's Thomas." I cleared my throat. "Thomas."

"Ah, I see." A chuckle. "I thought this Minho—."

I was close to hitting Thomas in the face when he moaned through the middle of my mother's sentence.

"Quinn. What are you two doing?" Her voice wasn't stern. By the sound of it, she was teasing.

"Watching a movie." I assured very fast. "It's a... it's a sex scene."

"Oh, Quinn..." Thomas muttered before he whimpered another time.

I hit the back of his head, attempting to push him off the couch. "Thomas is just joking around. Don't worry. We're not—."

"Just make sure you stay safe and use a—."

"Mom!" I was almost yelling. "We're not doing anything, I swear! Thomas is just being stupid. Really."

"Whatever you say." She let out a small scoff as Thomas groaned a few more times. "I'll let you two continue, then. Bye, honey."

"We're not—." But she already hung up. "THOMAS!"

Innocently, he turned the movie on again. "Something wrong, Spider-Man?"

"Now you have three people on the list that want to kill you." I muttered.

"I have a death wish." He grabbed a blanket. "Plus, you all love me too much to kill me. Where are the others, though?"