037

T H I R T Y - S E V E N
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

It was my birthday.

And my first... present, also my last, was waking up in the same bed as Minho, in a quite... intense position.

Our legs were intertwined completely. My head lay on his strong chest and his arm was wrapped around my waist tightly. Both of my arms held him, too. His chest moved up and down in steady motions, and each time he breathed out, a small wave of air hit my skin.

My whole face flushed pink when I noticed this. Not long after I woke up, Minho let out a groan. My heart nearly stopped beating from how he would react to this.

Yes, he asked to join me. But still!

"Uh... morning." I muttered.

His grip on my waist loosened, then tightened. His head moved around a little, and his eyes were opening and closing. Until he fully opened them and blinked a few times, then met my eyes.

"Hey." He said, awareness of everything that was happening and had happened informing him fast. "You okay after... what happened? The dream... or uh, flashback?"

"Yeah." My voice was so low I was close to whispering. "Thank you for... this, I guess."

A small smile. "Of course."

"I shall get off you now." An awkward laugh escaped my mouth as I rolled off Minho.

The clock told us it was eleven a.m. already. We slept in, because honestly, it was the most comfortable night of sleep I ever got.

I checked my phone quickly. Ten missed calls my mother. Minho was already stretching his body out and fixing his messy hair with his hands, then announced he had to go to the bathroom.

I scrolled through my phone a bit, happy no one else had called or texted, except for my mother, then. Decided to call her back later.

I wasn't planning on telling anyone this, as I said. Aiden told me birthdays were useless. So I didn't celebrate them anymore, now because we didn't seem to have time either, I didn't want more money wasted on me, and it wouldn't really add anything to the holiday.

Minho came back a few minutes later. I, at first, wanted to take a shower, but then overthought it; it would seem like I thought he stank or something... yeah, no shower for me.

"Breakfast?" I raised an eyebrow.

He nodded. "See if we can get any leftovers."

As I was about to reach the door handle, my phone went off. Sighing, I picked it up, and mouthed 'sorry' to Minho, who stood next to me.

"Quinn, honey!" My mother was on the phone, close to yelling from... happiness? "Happy birthday!"

There was no way Minho didn't hear that. Crap.

"Yeah, uh, thanks, Mom." I managed to sound cheerful, but shrunk in my own skin. "How are you?"

"Oh, I'm doing amazing. My girl turning nineteen years old already!" She squealed. "What are the plans for today?"

As fast as light, I stepped into the bathroom to hopefully have a slight chance Minho didn't hear anything else and wouldn't bother my birthday.

"We're not really going to... celebrate." I explained slowly. "My own decision, not theirs, don't worry."

"Alright. I'll promise I'll give you a present when you get home and visit me in the clinic, yeah?"

"Oh no, that's not necessary, Mom. Really." I said.