ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 2: ᔕTᗩᒪᒪIᑎG Iᑎ ᗩ ᗪᖇI-ᖴIT

Start from the beginning

"You returned from your trip a week ago, and I'm only finding out today? What the hell, Carlton?" Grant stepped back, his gaze locked with Carlton's. Carlton chuckled, his hand instinctively reaching to scratch the back of his head.

"I'm sorry, I had so much work piled up when I got back that I completely forgot to tell you!" Carlton's pearly white teeth illuminated his face as he sheepishly scratched his head. Grant sighed, shaking his head in mock exasperation.

"Whatever! It's clear you had a blast on your vacation! Look at that tan, my friend!" Grant playfully teased, a mischievous grin spreading across his face. Carlton heard him loud and clear, bursting into laughter.

"Indeed! It was incredible! We should plan a trip, just the two of us, and maybe invite some of your model friends!" Carlton's face lit up with the joy of his recent adventure. Grant couldn't help but smile, his eyes gleaming with excitement.

"Sounds like a plan! But for now, we've got a major problem on our hands!" Grant swiftly pulled out a chair and positioned himself in front of Carlton's desk. Carlton sighed, fully aware of the pressing issue at hand. He returned to his chair, maintaining unwavering eye contact with Grant.

"Let me guess, it's Active Balance, right? Grant, I already know about it! I just saw the news and I was also on the phone with my father!" He emphasized, his gaze fixed on his phone as he picked it up. Grant let out a frustrated sigh, his eyes scanning his friend intently.

"There's a traitor in our company leaking information to that woman! I'm damn sure of it now, Carlton!" Grant exclaimed angrily, his words flowing without hesitation. Carlton narrowed his eyes, deep in thought.

"It's possible," he muttered, rubbing his face in frustration. Grant's face suddenly lit up, and he leaned in closer to Carlton's desk.

"We need to take action now, or she'll keep sabotaging us!" Grant urged, never breaking eye contact with his friend. Carlton stood up swiftly, his expression heavy with determination. He was clearly plotting his next move.

"Please, this is the right thing to do this time! You can't back down!" Grant insisted, his desire for this to happen evident. Carlton sighed, a smile forming on his face as he turned to face Grant.

"You're right! Let's show her who the real market leader is in this damn country!" Carlton replied, his voice filled with excitement. Grant grinned in satisfaction, finally ready to retaliate against her attempts to outsmart them.

"Finally! I was starting to think you were afraid of her for some reason!" Grant muttered as he walked towards Carlton. Carlton's eyebrows furrowed in disbelief.

"What?! Are you joking?" he questioned, unable to comprehend why Grant would think that of him. Grant shrugged, slowly making his way to the door.

"My friend, you've been dragging your feet for months when it comes to that company! That's just what I thought!" he said, adding more concern to Carlton's thoughts.

"That's insane! Why would you think I'd hesitate on taking them down? I want nothing more than to see their CEO fail at everything she does! I want to witness her miserable face as her company crumbles!" Carlton declared with a determined expression. Grant smiled at his friend's words, giving him a nod.

"Great! Now if you'll excuse me, I'll start making some calls!" he said, his eyes gleaming with a sadistic desire to destroy Elena McLain. Carlton immediately felt a pang of unease, his muscles tensing. There was nothing inherently wrong with what they were about to do, but deep down, he couldn't shake the feeling of unease.

"Keep me updated," Carlton said, his gaze unwavering as Grant turned to leave. Grant responded with a smug smirk, his arrogance evident in his demeanor. Carlton sighed heavily as his friend closed the door, his forehead creased as he brought his hands to his head.

His heart was pounding forcefully in his chest, a reminder of the mistake he had made. He should have never let his emotions guide his decisions. There were countless other options, other paths he could have taken, but he couldn't resist the allure of this dangerous game he had entered.

My life is a delicate balance between privacy and exposure. I have always prided myself on being a man of unwavering principles, never failing my parents and never letting them down.

Following in the footsteps of my father, grandfather, and great-great-grandfather, I dedicated myself to studying and working diligently. They were all warriors, fighting to propel our family forward. Our business has always been a cherished legacy, passed down through generations.

However, unfortunate circumstances led us to bankruptcy, and my money became new money. In the past five years, we have experienced unprecedented growth. We have risen to the top, but the battle to sustain our business continues.

Maintaining something of this magnitude has always been a daunting task, but I refuse to surrender. I will persevere, working tirelessly to ensure the longevity of our enterprise. Yet, amidst the oaths and promises made to my family, the ones I love most, I find myself occasionally deceiving and disappointing those who hold significance in my life.

Don't forget to vote
Let's reach 10 votes ✅