Chapter 30: Luffy's Decision

Beginne am Anfang

I walked out of my room to join the others on deck. They started to follow their captain to see the injured sniper, so I followed behind.

"Robin-chan isn't back yet." Sanji observes.

"Come to think of it, I haven't seen her since we arrived." I frown, having just realized that she was likely already taken.

When we entered the sickbay, Usopp was sitting up on his bed cross legged.

"Geez, don't worry us so much." Nami complains in a concerned voice.

"She's right." Sanji joins in while smoking. "To think that you marched in by yourself...That was so reckless. You were lucky that you didn't die."

"Think a little before you act." Zoro orders in an adult manner. That's a little ironic coming from you, but I'll keep my mouth shut for now. Wouldn't want to ruin the moment.

"Look who's talking!" Usopp yells at the swordsman, causing Luffy and I to burst out laughing.

Usopp titled his head down, so we couldn't see his expression. His wavering voice gave away his emotions though. "Just because I'm such a good-for-nothing....I'm sorry!" He snapped his head up to look at his crew. He started to wobbly stand up on top of his bed. "Really, I'm ashamed! Guys!" He then jumped off the bed and went to cling onto Zoro's leg, crying.

Zoro looked so uncomfortable about the situation, but had enough sense not to try to kick him off. However, he was struggling to stay standing properly.

"That money was so crucial to us and yet, I let it... I let it," Usopp continued to blubber.

"O-okay calm down. I-I get it, so let me go!" Zoro's level of tolerance broke his threshold of peace.

"But...the huge amount of money we got, after all that we went through," he continued to lament.

"Usopp, you should still be in bed." Chopper walked over to the sobbing man.

"Yeah, listen to Chopper." Nami ordered him.

Usopp hobbled back over to his bed before Luffy explained what happened after he passed out at the Franky House.

"So, it's as I feared. The money won't come back?" The long nose questioned his captain.

Luffy just smiled as he responded. "Well, we won't know for sure until this Franky guy comes back."

Usopp looks down again. "I see...I'm sorry."

"Well, even if we don't get it back, we still have the 100 million Berries. So it's okay. Don't worry about it." Luffy then started to laugh without a care in the world.

Zoro and Nami had uneasy expressions, unmatching the Strawhat.

Nami turns her head to Luffy as he laughs. "It's not okay about the money!" Her voice screeched.

Luffy stopped laughing and looked at her with mild disapproval.

"Nami.." Chopper starts then trails off looking at Usopp.

Her expression morphed from anger to realization. "Ah...sorry."

"No, it's okay." Usopp responded. "But Luffy, what about the ship? What about the Merry?" He looked back towards them. "Can we somehow have her repaired with that remaining 100 million? We're lucky that we can have her repaired in such a first-class shipyard."

I could see Nami already clenching her fists in frustration and Sanji smoking.

I patted Chi on my shoulder and signaled her to go over to the orange- haired girl. Chi complied, understanding that she could use the extra comfort.