Katrina Gorry X Y/N~How Would You Feel About...~

Start from the beginning

I didn't tell y/n I was doing it, not wanting her to be upset with my sadness if it was negative again.

I got up very early that morning to do one, well, four actually. I waited very anxiously in the bathroom as I waited for the timer on my phone to go off.

Eventually it did, I can remember taking in the biggest deep breath possible before I very slowly turned the sticks around, and every single one of them, Positive +

I can remember screaming very loudly, which immediately woke up y/n, who was sound asleep in my bed up until that point, she came darting into my bathroom, panicked spread all over her face, thinking something awful had happened, but it was the complete opposite.

She was so worried, fumbling out so many questions about what was going on, I was crying at that point, and I just pointed to the tests on the side.

She shared the same joy as I did that morning, it was the best feeling ever.

But, don't get me wrong, it was very hard, dealing with the pregnancy mostly on my own, because of the distance. Y/N did her best to support me in whatever way that she could, but still, there were struggles, which I knew were going to be the case as I had planned to do it on my own anyway.

Y/N was playing for Manchester United back in England at the time of me being pregnant, so the only time we'd get to see eachother was if we played against eachother for our national teams, or if one of us had some time off to go visit the other, but that was very rare, most of our communication was on the phone.

Before my due date, y/n was selected and about to set off to Tokyo for the olympics with Great Britain. Both of us were truthfully, devastated, knowing exactly what the outcome was going to mean, but there was just nothing that we could do about it.

Then on the 16/08/21, Harper arrived. The olympics had just finished, but they were still there for a few more days for media events and other stuff, y/n did desperately try everything that she could to leave once they'd been knocked out of the olympics , but they just weren't having it, they wouldn't let her leave.

Y/N was absolutely devastated and her heart was broken, and so was I, but she was really hard on herself about it all. But as soon as they'd been allowed to go home from Tokyo, she came straight here, a few days after, finally getting to meet little Harper Ollie, she instantly fell in love with her, just like I had, immediately taking in Harps as her own child.

So now, she's currently playing for her new club, Barcelona, she's absolutely thriving there, enjoying joining her England teammates, Lucy Bronze and Keira Walsh out there.

But thankfully, we've both currently got some time off, which meant we could come back to Australia to visit my family after not seeing them from living abroad.

And Harpers first birthday is coming up, which leads me to what I need to speak to y/n about.

It's a rather big question for y/n, and a real commitment, i'm still terrified just thinking about it.

I was going to ask y/n if she'd like to officially be Harper's other mother, like officially, on her birth certificate. I mean she's raised Harps just as much as I have, she literally is her other mother, just not "officially", and so for Harper's first birthday, I wanted to see if we'd make it official.