The hospital visit

Sterile walls. Everything was white. Why did they make hospitals this boring? All of this white hurt Shu's eyes, lying in one of the beds and staring at the ceiling, a tube wandering from a monitor to a needle and into the back of his hand. After Luca's and his first night together he went home to stream and after Shu and him both finished streaming, he started to caugh up more blood again, feeling his heart aching in his chest.

The doctor said it was alright when he first came but what he said yesterday worried Shu. His time was limited, that's what he knew now. The bracelet around his wrist looked bigger than just a few weeks ago when Luca gave it to him. Did he loose weight again? He didn't know but he also didn't care.
A tall figure appeared kn the door and made it's way over to the bed.
"Sir? How are you feeling?"
The doctor looked old. Shu would probably never look like that. It made him sick to see others growing old when he knew he would never get this luck.
"Good."
His response was short and emotionless, completely different from how he would speak to Luca. Who could be mad at him for it.. Knowing he would die soon was something for sure.
"That's nice to know. We will have to keep you here for the next few weeks."

Shu looked angry at the doctor.
"Will it cure me?"
"No sir.. Nothing can cure you. I'm deeply sorry."
"Then I won't stay. I would rather spend the time I have left with someone i love and care about."
Attempting to sit up in the bed, Shu felt his head starting to spin and his vision going blurry. What was this? Why was this happening to him? Luca..?
Everything went black.

A sudden sting in his arm. It hurt but not too much. His eyes suddenly opening up again, he looked around the room and looked into the eyes of a woman. She was holding a needle in her hand that she seemed to have put into his arm. He didn't care though. The only thing he cared about was leaving this awful place with all of it's awfully boring people that were just trained to apologize to you no matter what happens.

"I want to go home"
His words broke the silence in the room, echoing from the painfully perfect walls. This false perfection was driving him insane.
"I'm sorry but you can't go home sir, you're too weak."
"Stop apologizing already. Why do all doctors and people like you always apologize. It's not your fault I will die so don't apologize for it and just let me enjoy my last weeks in peace."
She looked hurt from Shu's harsh words and he felt bad for lashing out on her even though she really had nothing to do with his illness.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lash out on you. I know it's not your fault and I shouldn't be this angry but everything is just annoying me. This whole illness is messing with my brain. Knowing that I will leave the people I love behind forever and can't do anything against it is the worst. I don't want to leave them, especially not Luca. I don't want to leave him behind all alone. How do I tell him this.."
The nurse looked down at Shu with a sad expression and then turned away to leave the room. Before she was gone though, She said something.

"If you want to leave to be by your loved ones do that now. I will distract the others so nobody will notice. Whatever they are going to do to you will not make your life any longer, it will just take away more of your time. So make sure to go to those who you love."
Shu had to lightly smile at the offer and he would be taking it as soon as possible. He just had to get out of this bed. If there wasn't this sudden dizzyness making it so hard to stand up. If he could push through that, he would be able to leave this hell without anybody knowing.

His head spinning again, everything starting to turn black in front of his eyes, he pushed himself from the bed, landed on his knees and just sat there for some time, trying to get his head to calm down. The spinning wasn't the worst part, it was that he didn't know if he was about to black out again now and if he did what would the people do? Would they lock him in here for even longer? He couldn't let that happen.

One step taken. Another one. Then another one. He was slowly speeding up the pace of his steps, making his way out of the hospital and going through the exit. Finally the world looked imperfect and colourful again. The perfection of the hospital had messed with his head since at this place of death, everyone pretended to be perfect. It made him sick.
But now he had to go home and he would. He didn't have any other option than to walk. It would take some hours but he couldn't tell Luca what was going on.

Why was it so cold all of a sudden? Or was he just imagining it? After walking for some time and arriving at the right city, he suddenly felt his body shiver and his hands shaking like crazy. Good thing he could already see his house in some distanc- Wait.. he couldn't see it anymore. All of a sudden everything went blurry and he fell to his knees again. His head spun again, making him slowly loose consciousness, the only person around immediatly sprinting to help him.
"Shu!"

(words: 976)