Make Up

"Come on Shu... you can do this.. why do you get flustered this easily.. do you want Luca to see that you like him or what? aaaaa why do you have to be like this..."
Shu slapped his cheeks and walked around the bathroom. The quick glances in the mirror also didn't help, since everytime he looked he just saw his face, completely red and looking flustered.

Luca was still sitting on the bed in Shu's room, looking down at his hands and the bracelet. His face was starting to turn red as well now..
'Did I really just do that.. If I came any closer back then, that would've been a kiss.. Shit I almost kissed Shu on the neck... what am I doing? I don't want him to be uncomfortable around me.. so why did I do this.. shit'. He kept staring at the bracelet with a flustered face, going over the braided thread with his finger. As he was in thoughts, he didn't even realize Shu coming back from the bathroom after taking so long in there. He didn't even notice when Shu was standing right in front of him, until he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Luca? Are you alright? You look a bit off.. is something the matter?"
"Oh Shu.. I didn't even see you there. What is it?"
"Food.. You know the food you made?"
"Oh right. I'm sorry. I already forgot Shu.. Let's go eat something then. I made sure that it tastes good too."

The bed made a loud squeaky sound when Luca stood up from it, pushing himself over the edge of the bed and almost fell because of how powerful he did it. Shu couldn't stop himself and had to laugh a bit, trying to silence it with his hand over his mouth but it didn't work. Looking into Luca's confused face, Shu tried apologizing for laughing at him and then took his hand while taking a deep breath to calm himself down.
"Yea.. let's go eat something."

The meal Luca made was one of the tastiest things Shu had ever eaten in his life; at least he thought so. It could've also just been because Luca made it. But that had nothing to do with it, it was clear for Shu that Luca was a great cook and that this tasted amazing.

Luca on the other hand couldn't even focus on how it tasted, the only thing he cared about was Shu right now. Somehow after what happened yesterday he felt an even stronger attraction to him than before. He just couldn't stop staring at him and wondering if he felt the same or if it was just because he got drunk that they already kissed twice.
"..."
Someone said something but Luca didn't understand; he was too busy with thinking about Shu. His thoughts were racing and he wanted to tell him how he feels so badly. He would do it. He would just do it now.

"Luca?"
"Huh? Yes?"
The eyes of the blonde met Shus' and they immediatly lit up. He smiled brightly and brushed his hair out of his face. It had fallen into his face as he stared down at the food for so long.
'God why does he have to look so pretty right now.. his eyes look so beautiful.. what am I supposed to do? Why is my heart beating faster again... shit.. what if he notices?'
Shu avoided Luca's gaze, trying to focus on eating again, the rice suddenly having no taste anymore. All he cared about was Luca at this moment.

"Nothing.. I just wanted to say that the food tastes great by the way."
He took another bite of the food, still feeling like the taste had suddenly disappeared now that he was trying to push away the thought that Luca was right in front of him. They were silently eating their food until Shu suddenly started coughing and stood up.
"Excuse me please Luca. I need to go to the bathroom, I forgot something in there."

(from here on this part of the chapter will be optional to read. If you don't like angst I would recommend to not read further until you see the brackets again. Then it will be normal again without angst.)

In the bathroom, Shu made sure to lock the door as soon as he entered, still coughing like crazy. Why now. Why did this have to happen when Luca was around.. The hand he had held in front of his mouth to cover up the coughing was now full of blood. He took a piece of toilet paper to clean it off but immediatly started coughing again, this time holding the paper in front of his face immediatly. The coughing went on for several minutes, before he could finally stop and throw the paper away.

He went to look at his face in the mirror, seeing that it looked liveless after all that coughing up blood so he tried covering it up with just the slightest bit of make up. Sure this was a serious sickness but it wasn't supposed to eat away at him at this pace. The doctors said he would still have more than enough time, meaning several decades. It would get worse with time but not this quickly. Something was definetly going on.

(You can read from here again if you don't like angst)

"Shu you're back. What did you... ooh you put on make up, pog."
Shu looked surprised at how easily Luca could tell that he had put on make up.
"Yea I did actually. How did you know? Is it that easy to see?"
"Yes. You look even prettier than usual."
Luca grinned widely and looked at the food on the table.
"Do you still wanna eat something? If not I can clean this up and you can do whatever."
"No but Luca let me at least clean it up. It's my home plus you already cooked the food."
"Don't worry Shu, I can do this. This is no big deal."
"I will at least help you."
"Thanks Shu."
Luca mumbled something afterwards that Shu didn't really hear but it sounded like an 'I love you'. Probably just his imagination.

(words:1044)