Your favourite flowers

"Look Shu. I brought you your favourite flowers."
Luca smiled brightly at the smaller boy in front of him as he opened the door to his apartment.
"Aren't they pog?"
He grinned at Shu, who looked at the flowers with a small smile.
"Thank you Luca.. they are really pretty."
Shu took the flowers and signed for Luca to come into his apartment with him, where he got a vase to put the flowers into.
"Luca? How has living with a real puppy been going? Does he cause you much trouble?"
"No he's pretty pog. He doesn't do anything bad except scare me at the most unexpected moments... and when he does I bark back at him."
Luca grinned after saying this and Shu started laughing at the boy who behaved like a golden retriever.
"You bark back at him? Heh Luca you really are something."

Shu took Luca's hand and headed outside the apartment with him, wanting to go to the café nearby to have a chat with him there. What he didn't admit to Luca was that he had really thought hard about what to wear on this day so Luca might notice him looking different than usual, yet it didn't seem to work since the blonde seemed too oblivious. Shu even tried braiding his hair, which didn't really turn out how he wanted it to, but he still had hoped that Luca would notice.
"Shu? You're looking a bit down? What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?"
Luca's face turned into a guilty one even though Shu didn't even say anything.
"No no I'm fine Luca."
"Hmmm but you also look different today, right? I like the braid, it looks cute on you. And that shirt matches your eyes. That's pretty pog."
Shu smiled after he heard Luca compliment him like this and started to fumble with the braid he put his hair into.
"Thanks Luca."
Was all he said with a soft voice, hoping Luca wouldn't notice him being a bit emberassed about this.

"Always Shubert. Ooh wait a second. I have an idea."
Luca disappeared for a few seconds before returning with a small yellow flower in his hands which he then put into Shu's hair, smiling brightly at what he did.
"Now you look even more pog. It's the same yellow as the strand in your hair."
"You really think so?"
Shu sounded a bit surprised as Luca put the flower in his hair and looked at it, wondering what was going on in the mind of the boy, that he could just think about things like this at any given moment.

To not make the situation awkward, Shu started walking towards the café again and Luca followed close behind.
When they arrived they were greeted by some of their friends and one person in particular pulled Shu by his arm, away from Luca.

"And? Have you told him?"
The black haired guy looked down at Shu with a curious expression, his mouth forming a grin.
"No I haven't.. I'm not as bold as you are."
"Come on Shu. You can do it. Luca is a nice guy. He won't hurt your feelings. Even if he doesn't like you back, he'll for sure just continue your friendship like nothing happened."
"I still can't believe I came to you with this matter but you're the only person who I think has enough experience in this field.."
Shu looked at Vox's eyes with a bit of an annoyed face and then sighed.
"Fine... I'll tell him. Sometime.."
"You got this Shu. Don't worry too much about it." The demon put his hand on Shu's shoulders and then shoved him back to where Luca was sitting, giving him a wink and then disappearing.

"What was that Shu? Since when are you and Vox this close?"
"We- we're not. I just needed his advice on something.."
Shu said, almost stumbeling over his words.
"Oh.. why didn't you ask me? Am I not the person you're the closest to in Niji anymore? Sorry... I didn't realize that."
Luca looked down sadly, trying to focus on what was there to order in the café.
"No Luca that's not the truth. You're my closest friend in Ni-"
"It's okay Shu. I understand. I know I can be a bit too annoying for some people."
His expression turned into a sad smile, which looked very different from which he usually did. Shu looked at Luca's face and hated that he was the one causing it to look like this, so he sat down directly beside Luca now, looking into the menu with him.
"You're not annoying at all. And also you're still my closest friend. Don't worry your pretty head too much and let's just order something."

Luca quickly scooted to the side a bit as Shu sat down this close to him since he felt uncomfortable being this close to Shu. Did Shu just call him pretty? His heart started beating a bit faster as he heard the sourcerer say this but he tried to play it off and looked at the menu with him.
"Sure. Let's get... hm... oh look Shu they even sell ice cream. Ice cream is so pog."
"Luca this is a cafe... it's quite normal for them to also sell ice cream."
Shu smiled at how cute Luca's reaction was and ordered some ice cream for them, which arrived just a few minutes later. He ordered the same for both of them since he didn't really know what to order himself, so he just went with what Luca got. While eating their ice cream, Shu scooted a bit closer to Luca as they were sitting next to each other and glanced at Luca now and then to see if he noticed anything.
Luca did notice it but he didn't want Shu to know he did. He would just quickly finish his ice cream and then go to the bathroom to get a bit of space between them.
"Hah. I finished the ice cream first Shubert."
Luca exclaimed with a wide grin.
"Oh. I didn't know this was a contest."
Shu smiled at Luca's silly behaviour and took his time with his ice cream, while the other went to the bathroom.

(words: 1044)