“Whoa! So nothing belongs to him?”

“Exactly. Everything he used was my father's. I can't wait to make him regret what he has done. It'll be like taking candy from a baby.” She smirked.

I chuckled. “I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves for him. Making him face the law will be good too.” I suggested.

“Yes, but I need to crush the happiness he thinks he has found first.” She smiled.

“That's awesome then. Well, do you know Alpha Norman?” I asked.

“Yes, but I haven't seen him before. Though I've seen his build, but I haven't seen his face. And I don't think he has seen me either because whenever he visits father, I'm either in the room, in school or I just want to avoid everyone.”

I chuckled. “You were really shy then.”

She laughed. “Yes, but I wasn't always shy around you because…” She trailed off.

My ears were already perked up, ready to hear what she had to say.

“Come on, tell me.” I urged her.

“Well, you were different from the rest, and I sort of liked you.”

“No way!” I shook my head. “You hated me. My face alone disgusts you and you always made it evident that you didn't like me one bit.” I answered.

“That was just a facade,” She smiled. “I did like you but I hated myself for it. I felt like I didn't deserve you. To me, you were too perfect for me. You were hot and the girls were all over you, you were skilled in everything, sports, martial arts, name it. I felt inferior and I thought if I was mean to you, you'd leave me alone. I started developing that hate in me for you and for myself, that's why I did things to hurt and push you away, but you were very stubborn and persistent.” She shook her head and I laughed.

“I'm glad to hear that you did like me, Elora. You were the most beautiful person I've ever seen. I was fascinated by your beauty, smartness and I thought your timidity was cute. I had to endure all you did to me because I liked you and I hoped we'd get mated one day.” I caressed her cheek, causing her to smile.

“I'm glad we were mated, though I didn't take it well the first time, but now I love it,”

I smiled and pecked the back of her hand as we continued to eat. “So, about Alpha Norman, what were you about to say about him?” She questioned.

“He came with a business proposal. He wants us to collaborate on a building project. According to him, he can't do it alone and would be needing the help of the late Alpha's construction company.” I answered and she nodded.

“That's a good one but—”

“Don't worry. I already looked into him. He's trustworthy.” I said and she nodded.

“Alright. We'll work with him then.”

“He'll be coming tonight.” I announced and she nodded.

After we ate, we returned to the company. The day went faster than usual or maybe because I was busy and in a good mood. After work, I drove us home. We met some cars parked in front of the palace and Elora looked at me.

“Who could they be?” She asked.

“No idea.” I sighed.

I parked the car and we went to stand at the entrance to the palace, waiting for whoever had come to get out of his car.

“It's Alpha Norman of Shadow Clan Pack, Luna.” A guard whispered to Elora, but I was able to hear them.

Elora nodded and smiled.

The door of the car opened, revealing a good looking young man. He stepped out of the car, dressed in a slick tuxedo. His jet black hair was styled to the back. I have to admit, he was handsome. When I heard Alpha Norman, I had no idea he'd be this good looking and young.

He smiled at us and walked to where we stood.

“Welcome, Alpha Norman.” I greeted but he didn't answer me and walked to where Elora stood instead.

“You must be the late Alpha's daughter. Praise be to the moon goddess for giving us such a beautiful young woman,” He smiled and Elora returned it.

I didn't want to feel jealous but my emotions were betraying me.

“Welcome to White Tide Pack, Alpha Norman. It's so good to finally see you,” Elora said.

“The pleasure is all mine.” He smiled and before I knew it, he took her palm and kissed the back of her hand.

I cleared my throat and he turned to look at me. “Oh, mind my manners. You must be…” He trailed off and I internally rolled my eyes.

I was about to answer him but Elora beat me to it.

“He's Damon, the pack's beta.” She introduced me to him.

I was waiting for her to say something else but she didn't. I was a mate, so she should at least tell him so he wouldn't cross boundaries. He already looks like a flirt.

“Nice to meet you, Damon. I'm sure it's a privilege for you to work with someone as flawless as Luna Elora right here.” He smiled at me, still holding her hand.

“You have no idea.” I said through gritted teeth, my eyes fixed on his hand.

He smiled at me and started walking in with Elora.

“I'm so glad to be back here. And I'm glad I finally saw the late Alpha's daughter. I'm honored.”

I sighed and followed them, boiling with rage.

He better try nothing funny because I won't hesitate to teach him a lesson if he continues flirting with my mate!