Chapter 4

Xavier grunted as he shook his chains and hit the grate, trying to do something with them. "Damn it."

"Quiet!" Sheriff Galpin demanded as he answered his radio. "Santiago, what's up?"

"Sir, we got a situation. Eugene Ottinger's mom just called, frantic. Something's going on at Nevermore." Officer Santiago informed him.

"Get a couple cars over there ASAP." Galpin advised her.

"That's just it, I can't. The tires on the squad cars have been slashed. Every damn one." Santiago told him.

"All right, I'm on my way." He sighed. He sharply turned the car in the opposite direction screeching the tires with the siren wailing.

***

"I can't believe you're in a secret society and you didn't tell me." Enid gasped as she looked around in shock.

"Because, you know, it's secret." Ajax said, defending himself. They heard footsteps coming from the steps and saw the Nightshades walking to them.

"Bianca, Davina... and Kent? Seriously, even Kent is here? How exclusive is this club?" Enid whined.

"Enid, we have more important things to deal with." Blair said.

"So, what's the deal with Thornhill being a psycho?" Bianca asked.

"She murdered Weems and then took Wednesday to Crackstone's crypt." Ajax told them.

"We have to get everyone in the school to safety before it's too late." Enid said. Ajax reached into his pocket and pulled the picture of the prophecy that Wednesday had been carrying with her the entire time.

"This is what's coming." Blair said as they looked at the picture.

"So do we pull the fire alarms?" Kent asked.

"We don't want to cause a panic and alert Tyler or Laurel. So how do we get everyone out?" Davina said.

"We'll use our siren song to convince them." Bianca told them, the trio removed all their necklaces, releasing their siren powers and Enid picked up Thing.

"Thing and I will go look for Wednesday." Enid said.

"I'll be staying with Bianca because Laurel will be on her way with Crackstone to the quad and I have to be here.

"Okay, Nightshades forever." Bianca nodded. They all (even Thing) snapped in unison.

"Seriously, a secret snap too?" Enid whined.

A sharp pain struck Blair's abdomen causing her to inhale sharply. "Ah!" She hissed.

"Blair. What's wrong?" Enid asked as she ran to her friend's side.

"I... I think... something's wrong... with Wednesday." Blair struggled to speak. "She's hurt." A tear fell down her cheek. Something had happened to Wednesday and she wasn't there, her sister was alone. "I... I think she's dying." Blair gasped for air. Everyone else looked at each other is horror.

***

"Why're we stopping in the middle of the woods?" Xavier asked as Galpin stopped in the middle of nowhere, looking at a tracking app on his phone. "You tracking your little monster?" He asked sarcastically.

"You shut it." Galpin demanded before he left to find his son.

"Hey, wait. Wait! Hey! What about me? What..." Xavier grunted and hit the grate angrily. "Oh, you asshole!" He yelled.

***

The sirens and Blair were now upstairs showing people out before Laurel came. Blair stood next to Bianca. "This way." She told the students. When suddenly her wound, the very wound that came from Wednesday, started to glow. It healed. Wednesday was okay.

"What the hell?" Bianca whispered.

"She's okay." Blair whispered and smiled, she didn't care who saw her, all she cared about was that her twin sister was alive. "Wednesday's okay."

She looked at Bianca who nodded. "Come on, let's move quickly and calmly, all right? Good job! Let's keep moving."

"Bianca! What the hell's going on?" Coach demanded as he walked towards them when he saw them showing the students out.

"Danger is on its way." Bianca said to him in her siren voice. Her voice echoed in his mind. "No time to delay." Distorted audio echoed in his mind as he started to follow her orders.

"Follow me. Come on, faster." Coach told the students.

***

The doors to the quad slammed opened revealing Laurel and Joseph Crackstone, the very Crackstone who murdered innocents of outcasts. Students began to flee as they saw who had arrived.

"I can't tell you how I've longed for this moment, what it means for my family." Laurel gushed.

Crackstone spoke in his distorted voice. "Silence, woman! Be gone, or I will cut thy tongue from thy wretched mouth!" He yelled.

"Never meet your heroes." Laurel muttered to herself, angry at how he had been treating her. Students screamed and panicked and they ran, Crackstone looked around and saw two students on the second level.

"I will expunge you abominations from this Earth!" Crack yelled and aimed his staff at the group, but before he could attack. A ball of fire burnt his hand, causing him to drop the staff.

"I think not." Blair Addams walked out of the shadows, but he saw someone else.

"Constance Addams!"