Chapter 6

"What will you be doing while I'm at Dr Kinbott's?" Wednesday asked as she packed her bag.

"I will be exploring Nevermore. Get a feel of the land." Blair answered as she curled her hair.

"Enjoy." Wednesday and Blair said to each other, before parting.

Blair walked down every corridor she saw and mentally made a blueprint of everything she saw so he could draw it out when she returned to her room. She made her way to the quad and were about to leave when she saw him.

"Xavier Thorpe. We meet once again."

"Blair Addams." Xavier smiled.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Drawing. Being the tortured artist everyone thinks I am."

"What are you drawing?"

"Not sure. I usually just start and see where it takes me."

"I like planning my sketches."

"You paint?"

"I dabble. I'm not like you."

"Blair Addams... did you just give me a compliment?"

"I said a statement. How you choose to interpret it, is your choice." Xavier laughed. Blair liked that sound. "You have a nice laugh."

"Now that was definitely a compliment." Xavier smiled. He really did enjoy spending time with her. She was different.

***

Blair and Thing had helped Wednesday move her cello to the balcony. Wednesday was about to go through the window when she paused. The session with Dr Kinbott entered her mind.

"Since you told me about Viper De La Muerte. What can you tell me about her sister?" Kinbott asked.

"Valencia De La Muerte." Wednesday

"Can you tell me about her?"

"She's smart, musical, has a photographic memory, the opposite to Viper."

"I noticed that she's often left behind or ignored. Why's that?"

"I don't understand." Wednesday was confused. What was Kinbott trying to say?

"It's obvious that Viper is based on you. Is Valencia based on Blair?"

"Blair isn't ignored, she's not left behind.

"But every time you've escaped a school, its been because you don't like it. In the book, Viper is celebrated. But Valencia is ignored. Is that not how you act with Blair?" Wednesday was silent. It has actually made her think. Is she not as close as she thought she was to Blair?

"Would you like to join me?" Wednesday asked. Blair froze. She has never done this before, she always preferred playing her cello alone.

"What?" Blair asked, wanting her sister to repeat it.

Wednesday huffed. "Would you like to join me? You can sing alone, if you like. I know you know the song."

"What song is it?"

"Paint it, Black."

"I would love to join you."

Wednesday started playing the intro to Paint it, Black.

I see a red door

And I want it painted black

No colors anymore