Chapter 2

Birds warbled as Blair and Wednesday made their way to Xavier's painting shed.

"I don't like this." Blair said, she refused to believe that Xavier was a suspect.

"We need to do this." Wednesday refused to listen to her sister, all she had on her mind was that Xavier could be the monster that was killing people, she didn't think about the impact it would have on her sister. "Xavier didn't get those scratches from fencing. He's hiding something."

When Blair and Wednesday entered the shed, they were shocked, drawings and paintings of the monster everyone, close-ups, distances, and even ones where it looks like it reaching out to you. "Xavier, what is going on?" Blair whispered to herself. This wasn't Xavier, he couldn't be the monster, could he?

"I suppose every artist needs a muse. Xavier, you just became that much more interesting." Wednesday commented, not seeing the effort this was having on her sister. Everywhere they looked, was drawings of the monster.

"What are you?" Blair whispered as she looked at the monster.

"Blair, let's leave. I found what I was looking for." Wednesday called out, they both left and started to walk away when a voice called out.

"Wednesday. Blair." The twins looked behind and saw Xavier emerging from the back of the shed.

"Xavier. Hello." They both said.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing." Wednesday said, Blair just stood there, bot knowing what to say.

"I just saw you come out this way." Xavier said, pointing at his shed.

"What is this place?" She asked.

"It's kind of my private art studio. I cleared it out, fixed it up, so Weems let me use it."

"How very entrepreneurial. As you know, Blair enjoys Art, she would love to see inside. Why don't you give her a tour?" Wednesday suggested.

Xavier smiled at the thought of Blair being in his art studio, them discussing art, slowly inching closer to one other, Xavier shook his head of the thoughts and remembered the drawings he had displayed right now and knew he couldn't have Blair or Wednesday seeing them. "Not right now. It's a total mess."

"We shadowed a crime scene photographer last summer. We're not easily fazed." Blair finally spoke.

"Maybe another time." He suggested. "Why were you looking for me?" He asked.

"I wanted to go over Ms. Thornhill's homework assignment." Wednesday lied. Blair shook her head, knowing that Xavier wouldn't believe that.

"She didn't give us homework. Remember? Why are you really out here?" Xavier asked, but then remembered his thoughts from earlier, he had hoped that was why she came. "Is this about a certain dance that makes you want to poke needles into your eyes, perhaps?" He hinted, as he looked at Blair, ignoring Wednesday in that moment. "I'm all ears."

"Sister, ask him to the dance." Wednesday thought to her sister.

"What? Why?" Blair questioned.

"You do this, then we can get closer to him. You can get closer to him. I know you like him. Do this and you get closer to him." Wednesday explained.

"Are you really going to make me ask?" Blair asked, looking at him.

"Oh, absolutely." Xavier smirked. Please be the question. He thought.

"Would you... Would..." She stuttered. Since when did she get nervous? "Would you possibly consider going to the Rave'N dance with a certain..." Blair shook her head, and started over. "Would... Would you go to the dance with me?"

Xavier chuckled at the sight of a nervous Blair, apart from the small smiles in his presence, she hadn't really shown much emotions.

Wednesday was shocked. The only time Blair had shown emotions was with their family. Now she was showing emotions in front of this boy. She did like him.

"Yes, Blair, I would love to go to the dance with you. I thought you'd never ask."

"Neither did I." Blair had a small smile on her face.