Chapter 2

Blair looked out the window to see that they had finally reached Nevermore Academy. Thunder rumbled.

"At least it's turning into a beautiful day." Morticia sighed as she looked out the window. Bells tolled in the distance.

"It's interesting." Blair muttered to herself. They stopped right outside and were welcomed by a tall blonde dressed in white. "Interesting dress sense."

"Welcome. Addams family. I'm Principal Weems. Shall we?" She gestured to the front door.

"Lets." Morticia smiled at her former classmate. They walked past multiple students as they made their way to Principal Weems' office. One student caught Blair's eye, he looked familiar but she simply couldn't remember. She hates not knowing.

***

Principal Weems sat at her desk with Blair's and Wednesday's transcript in front of her. "Wednesday is certainly a unique name. I'm guessing it was the day you were born?"

"My sister and I were born on Friday the 13th."

"Her name comes from a line from my favourite nursery rhyme, 'Wednesday's child is full of woe.' Blair's name comes from one of Gomez's favourite comedy movie, The Blair Witch Project."

"You always had a unique perspective on the world, Morticia." Weems smiles at Morticia.

Fake smile. Clearly, she's had issues with Mother when they attended. Blair thought.

"Hmm." Morticia smiles sweetly at Weems.

"Did your Mother tell you we were roommates back in the day?" Weems said to the twins.

"And you graduated with your sanity intact?" Wednesday asked. Morticia's smile dropped slightly, Blair rolled her eyes at her twin's antics.

"Impressive." Weems said as she reads through Wednesday's and Blair's transcripts. "You've certainly had a very interesting educational journey. Eight schools in five years."

"They haven't built one strong enough to hold us. We bet this place won't be any different." Blair and Wednesday said in unison, scaring the Principal slightly.

Morticia grabbed her daughters' arms. "What our daughters are trying to say is that they greatly appreciate the opportunity."

"Nevermore doesn't usually accept students mid-term but given Wednesday's and Blair's perfect grades and your family's long history with the school, I've spoken with the board, and we've made an exception."

"Larissa, what about Wednesday's, um... therapy sessions? The court ordered them."

"The school has a relationship with a therapist in Jericho. She can meet twice a week. Will Blair be joining her?"

"No, Blair isn't required to attend therapy sessions. Wednesday had taken full responsibility for the incident." Morticia was proud of her daughter, she had protected her sister.

"I was able to convince them that Blair doesn't need therapy. It was difficult." Wednesday rolled her eyes.

"Did you hear that, my little storm clouds? You're in excellent hands." Gomez smiled at his daughters.

"We'll see if they survive the first season." Weems fake-smiled at the twins. "I've assigned you to your Mother's old dorm. Ophelia Hall."

Morticia gasped and chuckled excitedly, at the thought of her daughters in her old dorm.

"Are we sharing?" Blair asked.

"Yes. I hope that is alright. All the girls..."

"... Women..." Blair interrupted.

"... Women... have been paired with a roommate and I felt it would be easier to transition if you are roomed together."

"Refresh my memory. Ophelia's the one who kills herself after being driven mad by her family, correct?" Wednesday said, wanting to end this day.

"Should we go meet your new roommate?" Weems suggested.

They stopped outside Wednesday's dorm. Weems opened the door, and they were welcomed to a colourful sight, blinding Wednesday and Blair. Blair did wear some colour, but it was mainly her makeup, not her clothes. Morticia gasped at the room, knowing Wednesday and Blair were going to change a lot.

"It's so... vivid." Gomez said.

A blonde girl walked up to her new roommates. She inhaled excitedly. "Howdy, roomies!"

"Wednesday, Blair, this Enid Sinclair." Enid smiled widely at the twins.

"Fascinating." Blair tilted her head slightly at the eager young woman.

"Are you feeling okay?" Enid asked the twins, referring to their deathly-pale skin. "You look a little pale."

"Wednesday and Blair always looks half-dead." Morticia explained.

"Oh." Enid leaned in before attempting to go for a hug. "Welcome to Ophelia Hall." Wednesday and Blair moved back. The only person Wednesday was willing to hug was Blair, Blair would only hug her family members. "Not a hugger. Got it."

"Please excuse Wednesday. She's allergic to colour." Morticia explained.

"Oh, wow. What happens to you?" She asked her.

"I break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones." Wednesday replied, flatly.

"What about you?" Enid looked at Blair.

"I simply didn't want to hug you." Blair shrugged.

"Luckily, we've special ordered you both a uniform." Weems chuckled. "Enid, please take Wednesday and Blair to the registrar's office to pick it up along with their schedule and give them a tour along the way."

"Why are you getting a special order uniform?" Enid asked Blair.

"I refuse to introduce a new colour into my wardrobe."