Chapter 1

Flashing lights blinded her. Crash of thunder echoed everywhere.

"Garrett, no!" Blair heard a familiar voice; she turned and saw a girl.

"Mother?" Blair whispered. She watched as the young version of her mother ran towards the boys. "Father?" She whispered as she recognised what young boy. What was this? What was she watching? Who was the blonde-haired boy? She watched as Young Gomez throw the blonde-haired boy into the pole; the loud sound of glass shattering echoed throughout the whole dream.

"You've fallen for an outcast! My son!" An angry older voice yelled. Blair released a gut-wrenching scream; she was in excruciating anguish as the voice rang throughout her entire head. "Prove to me you're still worthy to be called my son!" The voice no longer rang, it was at a normal level now, and had come from one direction, Blair looked to her right to see an elderly man yelled at the blonde-haired boy. "Kill all those outcasts! Sneak into that dance and spike the punch bowl." Then the pair had disappeared and Blair moved her attention back to the fight.

"Garrett! Garrett, stop! Leave him alone!" Garrett looked at Morticia and Gomez and walked towards them. Blair watched as her mother picked up the sword just as Garrett had walked right into it. But something was wrong. The dream kept changing, where her mother stood with the sword, just kept glitching between Morticia and Gomez. Who holding the sword? Blair thought to herself.

She watched as Garrett slowly moved backwards, him squelching and the blade rasps. He started walking backwards and fell off the wooden scaffolding, resulting in a loud thud of Garrett hitting the ground and a loud scream of Young Principal Weems watching him land. Gomez stood from the ground, took the sword from her and walked in sight of Young Principal Weems holding the sword.

That was all Blair saw before waking up.

"What the hell did they do at the Rave'N dance?" Blair questioned.

***

"How well do we really know our parents? Take my father. I've always considered him an open book. A man given to misguided schemes and exaggerated displays of affection. But when he was a student, he was accused of a murder that took place right up there. Which leads me to wonder... what really happened that stormy night 32 years ago?"

Gomez took a deep breath in as he, Morticia and Pugsley stood outside Nevermore, ready for Family Day. "Ah, the fetid air of teenage angst. These were the best years of our lives, were they not, Tish?" He asked his wife.

"They certainly were, mi cariño." Morticia smiled at her husband. "I hope Wednesday's happy to see us. I left a dozen messages on her crystal ball. Still no reply except from Blair."

"Fret not, my plum-lipped cupid. I'm sure she's dying to see us." Gomez said, comforting his wife, he knew that with Wednesday not replying, it upset his wife dearly.

"Come on, let's go." Pugsley said, not wanting to wait anymore to see his sisters. They all walk through the Nevermore gate not realising that they were being watched by Wednesday and Blair from a scope.

"They've arrived." Blair commented but just as she was about to lower the scope, she saw a familiar blonde-haired boy covered in blood with a sword embedded in his stomach. She stared for a few more seconds before lowering the scope.

"Let's get some answers." Wednesday said as they both walked off to hear Principal Weems speech.

***

Once they arrived, the bell tolled indicating the hour change.

"Nevermore was created as a safe haven for our children to learn and to grow, no matter who or what they are." The crowd applauded while Blair and Wednesday looked at her in disapproval. "I realize most of you have heard about the unfortunate incident involving one of our students. But I'm happy to report that Eugene is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery. So, let's focus on the positive and make this Parents' Weekend our very best yet."