F O U R

》CHAPTER FOUR《

Billie Henderson

"I FEEL LIKE I'M TALKING TO MYSELF!" I sing the lyrics to talking 2 myself by Eminem. My hairs wet from my shower and I'm dressed in only a baggy top and underwear.

The rooms hot and I didn't fancy wearing pants, plus I'd have to dig through my drawer for my shorts. No pants means no leaving the room.

Which is fine by me. I grab out an outift for tomorrow ready and set it aside on the radiator. I chose to wear my lazy clothes since I have no plan to leave the house tomorrow. I'll be packing for college tomorrow so there's no point in dressing up for that.

I can't wait for Stephan to come home tomorrow. Maybe he'll bring his girlfriend Laurent mentioned at the table a few days back... his flight was delayed a lot so he rebooted it at a different airport. He said he'll be here tomorrow morning.

I don't understand why he can't use the private plane Laurent sent him.

Sighing, I lay my sweatpants for tomorrow on my radiator along with a baggy grey shirt. I love baggy clothes. I'd live in them if I could. I can so I will.

A funny feeling settles on my shoulders. The legs start to crawl down my spine. My stomach is telling me someone is watching me. But why? How? All you can see from my window is the treeline.

At the thought, my feet carry me toward the window. Like in a Disney movie, I slide it open, the clear glass thickening on each other the more I open it. A cold breeze swallows me and suddenly I want ny pants back on.

My eyes catch the city lights, glowing like stars in the distance. Laurents house in about a mile from the city. He wanted to be close yet far from the busiest place. Blake loves being alone but she also loves the gossip a city brings.

I'm like Blake. I hate people but love me some gossip.

The crack of a stick is heard from the treeline. My eyes snap toward the direction of the quick loud noise but find nothing. The darkness a forest creates so easily at night terrifies me. Something could open its eyes and stare at you and you wouldn't know.

Spies or ninjas could be hiding in there.

What was that sound? An animal? A person? The gardener? Or was it Blake? She likes her midnight strolls but normally Laurent would follow her. And I can hear him downstairs. So it's not them...

Was it in my head? I am tired. I'm almost at my bed. It's probably me hearing things. I'll settle on that and make my way to bed.

★·.·'¯'·.·★ ◇★·.·'¯'·.·★◇★·.·'¯'·.·★

MY BLACK SUITCASE is open and across my bed with half of my wardrobe layed out on the floor at the end of my bed. I checked the treeline this morning when I woke up and found nothing. So it must've been in my head.

"This would look nice." Blake says, holding up a pair of flared jeans from her paper shopping bag. She went shopping earlier after breakfast for new clothes for me and Dylan. I was still asleep when this all happened.

I haven't even had breakfast...

"No." I answer as sweetly as I can. Folding a pair of leggings and a shirt into my suitcase. Our college is like Hogwarts only there's no magic and it's not in a castle. The college is small and the college dormitories are old run down hotels that have been built back up.