There was no need to ponder on what-ifs.

She chose him, he chose her forever.

Her heart fluttered.

"Lord, thank You for every little thing." She smiled, gazing at the starry night. "Thank You for Austin's sweet and considerate heart. I do love him," She sighed as her heart delivered warmth that reminded her of being in Austin's embrace.

She was entirely ruined for the man.

"And that's okay,"

-

Steam tickled Austin's nose hairs as he leaned over the bowl of gumbo his sweet mama made.

"This is it, ma," He sighed, so so glad to have his mama near. "God knows how much I missed you, sweet lady,"

Trisha giggled bashfully and took a seat beside him at the table.

"Me too, my baby! So so good to be with my boy, sweet, mama loves you," She pressed a warm kiss on his cheek, warming his heart.

His mother was special.

So special to him.

He didn't know how he made it so long without seeing her.

The woman covered him for his entire life. She was his sweet mama.

It didn't feel right for her to be leaving soon.

"Ma," He cleared his throat. "I know you like independence, but I could keep this AirBnB for you longer, and I could find you someplace to stay here, you know, so you don't got to be so far."

Trisha pressed her lips together and squinted her pretty eyes.

Austin loved his mama.

"You so cute, ma." He smiled and pinched her cheek, making her laugh.

"Silly, Bubba. You never growed outta that," She pinched his cheek back. "I don't gots to think long. Mama would love to stay, baby. Makes my heart feel like a kite," Her nose scrunched up as she smiled.

Austin beamed and hugged her tightly. "Oh, ma!"

He was too happy.

Anastasia was his perfect, pretty, and posh chère. And now his mama was staying.

It couldn't get better.

"Let mama go, Bubba. I gots somethin for you." Trisha bopped his head gently and left the dining room.

Austin took this time to devour his gumbo.

His stomach did a happy dance.

That woman had a gift from God.

"Hey! Mama! I need you to make this for the wedding. Chère ain't had none of this, but I figure she'll fall in love like me." He called out while smacking on some shrimp and okra.

He needed this.

San Francisco food didn't hit like his mama's cooking.

"We gots to ask her, Bubba." Trisha scolded him and placed a small bag in front of him. "I want you to have it,"

Austin took a slurp of his gumbo and opened the bag.

He was never one to reject gifts from his mama.

"You sounds like a fish drankin water, silly," She bopped his head again and laughed.

Austin couldn't deny it.

"What's this?"

It was another bag.