VII. A nightmare!

Apartment 1A, Kensington Palace, Kensington Gardens, London, England.
Month: January 3rd
2018.

Month: January 3rd 2018

THE DOOR OPENED. "Mummy!" Little George said. "Mummy.. I am afraid." He added. The little boy stood in the dark of the room, the light outside slightly giving the room which was once pitch black some light.

Catherine hurriedly turned on the light as William walked forward and went down on his knees to hug his son. "Papa.. they wanted to kill you and all of us!"

"Who?" William asked. "Some.. weird people I don't know them!" George said as tears stung his eyes. "Calm down George. There is nobody here but Mum and me." William reassured him.

Catherine walked forward and rested her hand on George's forehead. "He has a fever? He is shaking. We have to get him to bed." Catherine said, William lifted George up and they both walked to his room.

"Be careful Will." She said as they walked into George's room and she put the covers back. George was lifted down into the bed as his mother hurriedly put a blanket over him.

Louise was walking past. "Louise, can you call for a doctor? And please get me a thermometer." Catherine asked. "The thermometer is right there." Louise pointed over to the side.

"And I'm afraid one of our doctors went to the village, and the other is checking on Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte." She noticed.

"How is she doing?" Catherine asked. "Not very well. She has a high fever, 40 degrees." Louise answered truthfully as she put the thermometer into George's mouth.

"My Dear God." Catherine prayed.

***

KATHLEEN STARED AT HER FOOD, Savannah sipped at some tea, Mia frowned. Louise looked bored and Margarita looked upset. "You five, why are you so sad?" William asked. Breaking the silence. "Mia why are you hanging your head?" William added. "I feel bad for my cousin. He was going to go out with you and then he got sick." Mia said.

Her voice as hoarse and dry. "He is so unfortunate and lonely." Mia added. "Why lonely?" William asked. "He has all of you, he has me, he has his mother."

"That is rubbish. You will not be here much longer and Auntie is stressed with her baby and stuff is up to her neck." Savannah said.

"Stressed with my baby? That is new. And what does this stuff up to my neck mean. Can you explain?" Catherine asked.

Kathleen looked up from her book. "Up to your neck means your very busy." She said with no emotion and sounded very tired and frustrated.

"This is very true." Catherine admitted. William stood up from his food. "Cheer up. I am not leaving yet. I will be back." William said, his footsteps departed away as he exited the room. All of them exchanged looks and Catherine sighed.