We're back, baby

Começar do início

Ekaterina noticed her friend was deep in thought and not wanting to push her to do something, she just said "Подумай об этом, я уверен, что тебя не хватает. (Think about it, I'm sure you're missed)", and began walking away but no before giving a light squeeze to her  friend's shoulder. Ina knew Anastasia needed some time alone to think things through, she knew Tia had been struggling ever since she left those two and maybe seeing them would help her get better. It's not like Ina minded taking care of Tia, it's just... she worried, she worried she would get hurt if she didn't have her mind straight. The nightmares, the deprivation of sleep, the constant violence... Ina could see the clear change in behaviour. Anastasia hadn't been her usual self ever since the actresses and her stopped talking.

A couple of weeks went by and Anastasia had decided to accept the invitation. Ina and her would be going back to the States for Lizzie's birthday. They would surprise the girl and, so that the transition wouldn't be so rough, little by little Anastasia began talking more and more with Elizabeth. In those weeks, Ekaterina had seen that spark Tia once had. It was encouraging. Ina had never fully stopped  talking to the actress so that wasn't exactly a situation, and their relationship had quickly gone back to normal. The spies were happy about going to surprise their friend, specially because the latter was completely unaware of this. For the record, Liz had invited them to L.A to celebrate her birthday, grab a coffee and maybe have a girl's night like they used to do — of course not knowing of the surprise party — but Ina and Tia had rejected saying they couldn't make it, hiding the truth about the surprise.

— February 16th, Elizabeth's birthday —

Orlova and Volkova had just landed in L.A — a place so familiar for them yet it felt so strange. Fully aware of their status with the wrong people, they brought extra security with them. The Russians arrived around 11:00am to Los Angeles and the party wouldn't be until 1:00pm, so they decided to go and get a room at a hotel, thinking they would only stay for a few days and then go back to Europe.

I don't think I've mentioned this but both Anastasia and Ekaterina look very different to how they looked a year ago. Due to the missions, they had newer and fresher scars around their body and of course, some bruises. Ekaterina had previously had long platinum hair but she was now rocking a medium dark brown hairstyle while Anastasia had dyed it black with red in the ends. The spies went to their hotel to check the place out and a few hour later, they were on their way to the party at Lizzie's.

Ekaterina's POV

Anastasia and I were on the car a couple of meters away from our destination. I knew my beloved Tia was anxious about seeing the two women again but she hid it well under a big pile of confidence. As we parked, I texted the twins, alerting them of our arrivals. We have no clue who has been invited but if I know anything about the twins' surprises is that it'll be a hell of party, so, let's party.

I wore a splendid white outfit while Tia wore a black one. The etiquette of the party: semi formal attire. We matched, complemented each other. It was planned, people need to know we are together and come in pair. I won't lie, I feel fucking good and I hope no one ruins my mood because my patience is not the same as it was last year.

 I won't lie, I feel fucking good and I hope no one ruins my mood because my patience is not the same as it was last year