{0.4}

BAX TEXTED LYDIA that same day, she was sitting on a stool beside Honey as the family made dinner when she received a text from him, asking if she would like to meet up tomorrow. She spend the rest of the evening somewhat nervous about the next day, she didn't understand why, it was just Baxter, they had spend time together many times, But then again, this was different, they didn't just happen to bump into each other or it wasn't a group hang out. This time he had officially asked her and even though he didn't say, Lydia slightly hoped it was a date.

So the next morning she spend extra time getting ready, putting in a little extra effort. "Your hair, you braided it again" was the first thing he said to her "oh yeah, i uh i woke up too late to straighten in so this was the next best thing" he could see straight through her lie. Lydia Gibson is an early bird everyone knows that, he decided not to call her out on the lie "I was thinking we could go grab some lunch, truth is I don't have much of a plan I just wanted to spend time with you" he admitted sending her a smile "lunch sounds great" Lydia didn't care what they did she was just happy to spend time with the pink haired boy.

"Oh I know an amazing place come" she exclaimed excitedly grabbing his arm and dragging him along, he smiled down at the petit girl and followed her like a puppy.

"Those were the best pancakes I've ever had" Bax said leaning back in his chair "my mom use to take me here all the time when I was younger"

"Well she has great taste" he leaned over and stole a strawberry off her plate "hey!" She shouted at him rolling her eyes "yeah she was pretty great" he leaned towards the girl resting his arms on the table "tell me about them, your parents" she hesitated at first, Lydia usually avoids talking about her parents. It's still a sensitive topic even though it's been 4 years since their passing. But she told him anyway, Lydia trusts Bax, she knows he won't judge her if she was to cry. So they paid for their meal and went for a walk on the beach. Bax carrying both of their shoes as Lydia told him about her childhood and parents.

She talked and he listened to everything the girl had to say. Baxter could sit and listen to her talk all day and he still would want more, he loved watching the girl, the way her chocolate brown eyes lit up when she would get excited or talk about something she loves, the way her dimples would show when she smiled or the way her freckle dotted nose scrunched when she laughed.

She had just told him about the time she tried to teach her cat to surf in the kiddie pool her mom got her when she was 6 years old.

She has a distinctive, infectious laugh. You could hear it in a crowded room and still know it's her.
She's funny in her own ridiculous, annoying way but he could never really be annoyed at her, even when shed stick bubblegum to his palms.

He could be locked in a room with her for weeks and not be bored of the brown eyed girl, and that terrifies him.

The two were now sitting on the beach a huge pile of shells Infront of them, somewhere along in their beach walk the pink haired girl started picking up shells making Bax carry them, he didn't mind, he enjoyed watching the girl run up to him to show him the different shells. He's watching  Lydia talk as she made swirls in the sand "and then he actually made her a board instead of a engagement ring" she laughed.

"They really sound great Lyds" he turned to her "I really had fun today" he confessed "me too" Lydia noticed they boy inch closer to her but she popped her bubblegum and with a sigh the boy stopped what he was planning on doing "anyways I better go get ready for Summers party" she brushed the sand off her hands "I'll see you later Bax" she hesitated but then she placed a quick kiss on his cheek. Baxter touched the place where her lips touched his skin and chuckled lightly as the girl who was now making her way down the beach, she turned around gave him a small wave before disappearing in the sea of people that littered the beach, he looked down at the pile of shells infront of him and placed one in his pocket before leaving.