Chapter 12: ...Death

Tauriel comes marching back into the house with Bofur following behind her. I overheard her conversation with him so I went to retrieved what she will need as fast as I could, considering I am still in pain from the spell. Once I have the water in the bowl, I hold it out for her as she crumbles up the plant into the water. 

The dwarves pick up Kili, placing him on the table Bain fixed. Once Kili's on the table, he wiggles and screams out painfully. I grimace from the sound of his cries. Tauriel takes the bowl from me before walking over to the table.

"Hold him down." She tells them.

I walk over to Kili as well, placing a hand on one shoulder and the other across his chest, along with Fili doing the same on the opposite side.

"You're gonna be alright." I whisper to him comfortingly. Kili glances to me sadly.

Tauriel examines his wound, seeing the blackness from the poison seeping out of it. She glances at Kili before grabbing a handful of the herbs. She rolls it in her hands and begins chanting something in Elvish. She holds the balled up herbs to his wound, putting pressure on it. He cries out again, painfully as we all continue to hold him down. Sigrid rushes forward to hold down his other leg.

"Tilda!" She calls her sister to help her. Tilda rushes over as well, holding down his leg.

Tauriel continues to chant as Kili's grunts, groans and cries begin to fade away. I glance to Kili's face seeing that he's staring at Tauriel as if she was an angel. Me and Fili exchange a look as the healing process continues for a few more minutes before Kili finally passes out from exhaustion. I look to Tauriel who gives me a nod with small smile. He's saved. I sigh in relief as everyone backs away so she can finish patching him up.

I take a step closer to Tauriel. "Ni 'lassui En, Mellon." (Thank you, friend.)

She nods with a tiny smile as I back away to lean against the wall closest to the door. I finally feel like I can breath after all that. Kili is heeled, the dwarves reached Erebor, and the pain from my badly timed spell is finally disappearing. My powers are still on the fritz but it'll be back soon. Now, all I feel is a slight soreness through my body, like I've been running for last ten days. I almost want to sink to the floor and take a nap but we are far from being done. Me and the dwarves still need to get to the mountain to rejoin the others, now that Kili's healed and I still have to go out and find Bard. He should've been back by now if nothing went wrong. 

"I've heard tell of the wonders of Elven medicine. That was a privilege to witness." Oin tells Fili as they stand in the kitchen, still watching Tauriel in awe.

Kili, who begins to stir awake, notices the woman next to him. "Tauriel?" He asks, weakly.

She looks over to him, with a soft expression on her face. "Lie still."

"You cannot be her." He says, clearly feeling a bit loopy from the medicine. "She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me. She walk...in starlight in another world. It was just a dream." 

She stares at him in awe, with longing in her eyes. She glances down, seeing his hand reaching for hers. Their finger tips slowly touch and soon intertwining with each other. Kili looks back at her.

"Do you think she could've loved me?" He asks.

She continues to stare at him, wanting to answer him but not sure if she should. I lean against the wall, smirking, knowing that she clearly feels the same way for him. It's written all over her face and it was told by her actions today. I glance over at Fili, who smirks back at me, knowingly. This will be interesting.

THIRD POV

A gold coated Smaug, bursts out of the main gates of Erebor, wings flapping angrily and screeching out into the night. He runs to the edge of the hill before jump into the air, taking flight, spinning in the process. The gold liquid drips off of him as he finally opens his wings to fly directly towards Laketown...for revenge.

Every person in Laketown felt the rumble from the explosion he created in his fury. The people gaze upon the mountain fearfully.

Bard, who was in a prison cell, rushes to the nearest barred window to look towards the mountain, wide eyed and mouth a gaped. He was right. 

Legolas, who was riding on horseback in hot pursuit of the Orcs he had just got done fighting in town, heard the explosion from behind him. He was just outside of Laketown. He spun around, seeing a shape of a dragon in the sky heading towards Laketown. His heart drops, worried for her.

Y/N, Tauriel, Fili, Bofur, Oin, Sigrid, Bain and Tilda all jump from the sudden explosion. Tilda begins to cry as Sigrid and Bain run to her. Fili, Oin and Bofur all exchange scared looks, worried for the fate of the company inside the mountain. Y/N stands to her feet to peak out to the door towards the mountain, mentally cursing herself for her broken powers at the moment. She quickly moves to comfort the frightened children in the room as she shares a worried look with Tauriel.

Bilbo emerges from the gates, following the path the dragon took, to the same ledge he took flight from. He gazes upon the flying beast headed towards the town in the distance. The people of Laketown, Bard and his family, the dwarves that are still there, Y/N, his best friend, all in danger because of them.

Smaug flaps his wings as he glides across the sky towards his next victims. 

"I am fire. I am...death." He growls, souring closer to Laketown.

Bilbo pants as he watches in horror. "What have we done?"