☪︎𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 5☪︎

Your: POV

I wake up with a jolt, a high-pitched scream ringing through my ears. It goes silent. It was almost like it was cut off. I cover my ears, my head spinning. 'What's going on?' As my ears ring from the high-pitched sound, i slowly sit up and look around my small cabin. It's eerily quiet. The only sound being heard is the whistling wind outside of my window. I flip my legs over the side of my bed slowly. I stand flinching at my own feet, creaking the floorboards underneath me. The world around me seems almost distant. The air bites at my skin, making me shiver, and it's quiet. It's so quiet it seems my ears are ringing to make noise. I stop for a moment and think over the scream that just awoken me. 'What was that? I.. I really hope everything is okay.' Letting out a trembling sigh, leave my lips. i rush over to my closet and quickly throw the door open. "I really don't understand what's happening.." I whisper to myself, eyebrows scrunched together. I throw on some simple jeans and a dark green oversized hoodie.

The computer behind me makes a hissing sound, making me jump. I glance over to it, then run over to my desk, grabbing my keys and phone off of it. Stuffing my stuff into my pockets, I shuffle over to the front door and then slowly creak it open. I stare at the trees for a few moments, just letting the biting air brush across my hot and soft skin. Sluggishly, I make myself out of the little cabin and step onto the porch. Deeply breathing in the chilled air, the smell of cigarettes hitting my nose. I jerk my head up to my face, quickly covering my nose. The smell of cigarettes mixes with the smell of a musky cologne. My eyes widen in realization. I recognize that smell.. It smelled of that man from the other night, the one that had the white and black mask. I softly sigh, hanging my head low.

'I'm so unlucky.. i mean. He does smell good. But.. doesn't that mean he's been lurking around my cabin? That's bad. I'll.. figured out what I'll do later. I need to get going.'

Slightly hopping down the stairs as my feet hit the ground, the orange, brown, and yellow leaves crunch under my feet. I study the color changing trees that surround me, starting to stride down the small forest trail going towards where the scream came from. My steps are slow and cautious, scared that one of my stalkers or.. I don't know what to call them, will pop out of nowhere and tackle me. But at the same time, my thoughts tell me they have only been attacking at night. Maybe they just don't do it when its day light? Like little vampires. I wonder how they would react if I threw garlic at them. I softly smile, chuckling at my dumb joke. 'Yeah, I bet they would be so terrified..' Rolling my eyes at my thoughts, i look up from the ground seeing my classmate's cabins. "Okay.. Hopefully, this goes well." I mumble. I jog over to the cafeteria building.

Getting to the front of the door, I groan studying the closed doors. "Usually, they have them opened by this time for breakfast.. Are the doors locked?" I questioned, stepping forward. Gently, I wrap my hand around one of the doors handles. I gently pull it open. The yellow metal doors loudly creak open as they are pulled open. The sound makes clench my teeth together. Gulping, i pull my lips tight and poke my head into the building. My eyes stare at the pitch darkness that fills the big cafeteria. As I blankly stare, a pungent, rotting, and slightly sweet smell fills my nose, making me gag. My eyes water at the strong smell and shuffle into the cafeteria while pinching my nose. 'That smell i was smelling at my cabin was way better than this.. Jeez. Why did that guy smell so good?' I groan at my stupid thoughts. 'Shut up, Y/n.. You're so desperate.'

I shake my head, trying to turn my thoughts away from.. that man. I slowly walk through the inky darkness, making sure not to run into anything. "H-Hello?" I softly call out. No one answers. Leaving me alone in the dark cafeteria and that.. horrible smell. Lowly groaning, I feel my skin prickle paranoia tingling up my spin. It feels like multiple eyes are staring me down. "Baby.." A deep male's voice whispers from the darkness. I jump, jerking my head towards the voice, my body starting to tremble. "Hello?" I repeat, my voice slightly breaking. Biting my lip, I can feel cold sweat run down my back. "Anyone there?" I mumble. 'God dammit.. Please.. Please, for the love of God, I hope they aren't here.' I shuffle around for a moment, not sure if i should keep walking or try to turn around. I know I have my phone. I just don't think for one second to pull it out for a light source.