Chapter 28

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

(M/N)'s POV
After announcing that I was the reincarnation of a legendary figure, every member of the Astral Express crew looked at me in shock.

"You're the reincarnation of a legend from the Luofu?" Miss Himeko asked, earning a nervous nod from me. Dan Heng tightened his intertwined hand around mine, giving it a squeeze of reassurance.

"Wow... Just... Wow... It's a lot to take in..." March, who usually was a bubbly person, was unusually quiet.

"Can you prove it?" Caelus asked, before quickly adding "It's not that we don't believe you. This news came out of nowhere and it's not just ordinary news, you know...."

"Heh... Who knew our newest crew member could react so rationally," Mr. Yang smiled proudly, ruffling Caelus' grey hair. The grey mane grinned at the senior's affection, puffing his chest proudly. "See? I'm not only a raccoon who loves to dig in trash cans!" This earned a laugh from everyone.

"Sure, I do have proof to show that what I'm saying is valid," I nodded and showed them my bracelet first, "My first proof is this bracelet. Though it looks like any ordinary accessory, it's actually not. This one was made in a pair, made centuries ago by the Furnace Master, who was also a member of the High Cloud Quintet."

"What a pretty bracelet..." March admired as she inspected it. I nodded in affirmation before the pink haired added "Do you possibly know who the other bracelet has?"

"I do," Dan Heng decided to step in by revealing his bracelet to the crew. "I wear the other pair."

"What?" Miss Himeko's eyes went wide in surprise. "But how come..."

"Apparently, my previous incarnation, Dan Feng, who was also the former Luofu High Elder, and (M/N)'s former incarnation were lovers."

"They were lovers?" Mr. Yang was stunned before realising something. "Oh! Now that you say that, I did read an interesting scroll about a love story of a vidyadhara High Elder and a long life species," the senior trailblazer then added sadly his next lines, "Unfortunately, their love story ended tragically with the latter getting killed, leaving the High Elder behind, mourning for the death of his lover, but also for his dear comrades," brown eyes met emerald jade orbs, "Could it possibly be...?"

"Yes," Dan Heng nodded in affirmation, "this story is Dan Feng's and (M/N)'s tragic love story. And now, the both us are their reincarnations..."

This earned a few sniffs from March. "No... That's so sad... Mr. Yang, could I read that story too when you're done?"

"Of course, March."

"So the bracelets are one proof. Do you have more?" Miss Himeko asked me and I nodded. "The second proof I can safely share with you all, are my fighting powers and skills which I gained from my former incarnation..."

"Huh? You can fight?" Caelus asked with a surprised look. Miss Himeko had a look of doubt as well as she said "When I saw you for the first time, I actually sensed no power from any element from you nor could I figure out which path you're following," she then gave me a small smile, "Well, that was then, because now... your aura seemed to have changed a lot."