Chapter 2

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

In the real world...

(M/N)'s POV
Today was an ordinary day just like any other: get up, do my morning routine, make breakfast, get ready for school, go to school, follow lessons, have lunch, go study in the library, go home, do my homework, make dinner, go shower and get ready for bed.

Well...

... It could have been an ordinary day if it weren't for Dan Heng, who kept distracting me by popping up on my mind every 10 minutes - I almost burned myself while cooking breakfast, answered the questions wrongly in classes and made zero progress with my homework before having decided to just call it a day and go home.

I let myself fall on my bed and sighed...

'What a long and unproductive day...'

I slowly sat back up and went to my desk. Turning on my laptop, I stared at the Honkai: Star Rail icon, debating on whether to start up the game or not.

'Dan Heng... Hm... I wonder if a flashback like yesterday's will suddenly pops up in my head this time as well...'

I logged in to complete my tasks and spend my Trailblaze Power. I was on guard the whole gaming session, ready for another sudden pain to shoot through my brain again. After finishing the Cocolia Echo of War, I quickly let my character teleport to the Parlor Car before logging out of the game.

'Thank goodness, no sudden flashbacks today,' I thought and decided to go have dinner. After finishing my meal, I took a quick shower. Then I brushed my teeth and prepared myself for bed. I laid down on my matras, closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to dreamland...

*:・゚✧*:・゚

In the Xianzhou Luofu...

Dan Heng's POV
I stared at my bracelet around my wrist with narrowed eyes. Ever since I left the Astral Express Train to look for my friends, it's been acting up - a lot more than I thought. Unfortunately, I couldn't take it off because the bracelet refused me to let me move it a single inch.

It was as if it had a mind of its own...

I sighed as I gently rubbed the emerald band with my index finger. Ever since I was born in this form, this bracelet had always hung around my wrist. I had no idea where it came from nor had I any idea who gave it to me. When I asked the general of the Luofu about it during my time in the Shackling Prison for possible clues, he only looked at it with a somber look before telling me not to worry too much about it.

"What's in the past, must stay in the past. However, the day where you'll receive all your answers will ultimately come. That day however is not today, nor tomorrow, nor anytime soon... So for now, don't dwell on it too much," was what he told me.

When I left that beautiful ship, I did try not to think too much about it and it worked ever since I boarded the Astral Express Train. I kept archiving and updating the data bank, distracting myself from thinking about the origins of the bracelet.

But...

Now that I have set foot again on this same ship I was eternally exiled from, blurry memories kept appearing in my mind like a plague - some of them appeared shortly while I was awake, with the exception of more than a handful appearing in my dreams... Each memory had one thing in common: the appearance of a certain male - raven haired with blue streaks, golden eyes, a handsome face, a tall figure with an aura of elegance...