Chapter 7

Author's Notes
Feel free to play the music on the next slide above whenever you want. You can also listen to it on repeat!

Enjoy the story!

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

3rd POV
"Jing Yuan! Where have you been!?" Fu Xuan angrily asked, to which said general replied with "Hahah! Forgive my late arrival, Lady Fu - we are indebted to you and your forces. The Seat of Divine Foresight relayed the battle reports to me. As for Phantylia's plan..."

"The Ambrosial Arbor - that's her focus," Fu Xuan said before adding "Lord Ravager Phantylia's strategy was to create civil strife - then let it consume the Xianzhou from within. She wanted to use the Arbor to disseminate the power of the Plagues Author... and turn the Luofu into a hell of undying abominations."

Jing Yuan nodded in agreement. "Mm, that is clear to me now." Then he turned to face the Astral Express Crew. "Friends of the Astral Express, I have brought someone with me whom I think you'll be eager to see."

Behind JingYuan, Dan Heng, in his Imbibitor Lunae form, walked towards March and Caelus. March put both her hands against her lips in shock while Caelus' hand went to his chest in surprise.

"Huh? I-Is that... Dan Heng!? You..." March stammered before continuing in surprise "Y-You are Dan Heng, right? What's with the horns...?"

Dan Heng sighed, looking at March with conflicted eyes. "It's a long story, March... It's me."

"So... you do have secret strength!?" March said.

Jing Yuan then decided to interrupt their reunion. "Let us save such reminiscence for later, shall we?" his expression then turned serious, "My astral guests, when you first appeared on the Luofu, your stated aim was the resolution of the Stellaron crisis. I was concerned that the Stellaron Hunters harbored ulterior motives and refused your offer. I see now that I was overly anxious."

"Nevertheless, it is true that the motives of the Stellaron Hunters were not what they appeared, haha! In order that the Express and the Xianzhou fight side by side, Kafka lured you here and broadened the scope of the crisis... In doing so, she succeeded in making clear that your sincerity is beyond doubt. The Luofu is in your debt, and I have no right to seek further assistance from you."

"However, as Lady Fu has explained, the appearance of Phantylia means that the situation is far from under our control. As the general of the Luofu, it would be foolish of me not to ask Dan Heng and the rest of you for your strength at this critical moment," JingYuan finally requested.

"Even if the crisis on the Luofu had nothing to do with the Stellaron, I would be willing to help... but I can't speak for the other members of my crew," Welt Yang said.

"Explore, understand, establish, and connect... As the crew of the Express, that's the trailblaze creed we follow. Still, when the journey gets tough, those words can feel far-off. Fear, risk, enemies, and death are the obstacles we face in pursuit of the creed. That's why the Nameless who are able to stay the course number few indeed." the brunette continued.

"Whether our destination lies before us or behind us, the decision is ours to make. Here, as on the Express, every vote counts," Welt concluded while looking at the three younger crew members. Caelus and March nodded as they walked towards Dan Heng. Both of them raised their hand, waiting for Dan Heng's reaction.