Chapter 24

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Dan Heng's POV
After the general left, (M/N) and I remained on the dock of the Alchemy Commission. My hand was still clasped with his, with no intention of letting go just yet. As I glanced at those beautiful golden orbs, the rate of my heartbeat quickly accelerated. But what is it that I exactly feel? Happiness? Relief? Anger? Or... love? My heart was stuck in a roller coaster of emotions after today's events.

"Do you... wish to return now?" (M/N) asked with a small smile. I shook my head in response and gave his hand a tight squeeze. "Not yet..."

'I do not wish to go back yet...'

"Is there something you need to do on the Luofu?" gold met teal.

*Thump!* *Thump!* *Thump!*

'These feelings... I have to... I have to tell him... How I truly feel towards him...'

"Yeah, I do." my eyes became glassy and I wrapped my arms around the taller male. Surprised by my initiative, the raven haired remained still as I put my cheek against his heart.

*Thump!* ... *Thump!* ... *Thump!* ...

"Dan Heng..." (M/N) whispered as his arms went around my middle. "It's okay, Hengie. I'm here." I sniffed, burying my head deeper in his chest if it was even possible. "You scared me there... I thought... I thought you were gone..."

"I'm still here, right?" (M/N) smiled when I looked up. He put one of his hands on my cheek and I softly preened in affection. "Here, you can hear my heart beating, right?" I nodded as I put my ear against his chest. "It's beating for you, Hengie..."

The beginnings of a purr started to form in my chest, but I desperately tried to hold it in...

"It's okay, Hengie," the golden eyed stroked my hair. "You can express yourself to me. I won't judge. I promise."

After his statement, I let myself sag against (M/N)'s taller form while purring in happiness from the affection I received from the man I love. I squeezed his form tightly while closing my eyes. In this moment, I just knew... that I was in bliss as long as I'm in (M/N)'s arms. As long as he's here by my side... never leaving me...

"(M/N)... I have to... I have to tell you something important," I said after a while of hugging and purring against him.

"Hm? What is it?" (M/N)'s hand stopped stroking my hair, to which I felt disappointed at. I, with a lot of reluctance, pulled away from him, but refused to let go of his hands. I looked up at his face, his oh so handsome face, which I find unfair because I've never met someone so good looking as him...

My cheeks reddened by his soft look, but I ignored it as I inhaled a deep breath before looking into his bright golden eyes.

'This is my chance! I'm going to tell him before I change my mind!'

"Dan Heng?"

"I love you, (M/N)..."

'I said it... I finally told him!'

"Huh? Dan? Y-You..." (M/N) became stunned with my confession. It made me bashful. "I've liked you since the day we met at that hospital room. Heck, you were on my mind even before our first official meeting."

I raised my left arm to show him my emerald bracelet. "This bracelet showed me bits of memories of the relationship between our previous incarnations, but did you know? It has been serving as a red string of fate for us."

I softly held (M/N)'s left wrist, where his bracelet was located. "When we brought JingYuan to the hospital, my bracelet lit up... and it lead me to you."