A Tradition Lesson

Mulai dari awal

The rest of you grabbed your lunch and sat at one of the tables. Deuce sits to your right and Ace sits across from you.

"So, I saw your guys' dorm, but what are the other ones like?" Grim said in between bites.

"I'm sure you're familiar with the statues of the Great Seven? Night Raven College has a dorm themed after each one."

You all jump at the sudden voice behind you. You turn to see Carter approach your table.

"You're that guy from this morning!" Ace pointed an accusing finger at Carter.

Grim glowers at him. "You tricked us into paintin' those dumb roses!"

"Tricked is such an ugly word." Carter inserts himself between you and Deuce. "Do you think I wanted to spend MY morning painting roses? It's dorm policy! I was just following orders."

Deuce rolled his eyes. "And grinning like a fiend all the while."

"Now, now, Deucey." Carter waves off Deuce. "Outside of the dorm, I don't care what rules you follow. Here, I'm just a friendly mentor figure!"

"Please. Do NOT call me Deucey."

A laugh came from behind you. A new student took a seat by your left side. "That's how Cater shows he cares."

Ace quirks an eyebrow at the new arrival. "And who are you?"

"Ah, I should introduce myself." He adjust the rim of his black glasses. "The name's Trey. Trey Clover."

Trey has short, dark-green hair and has short side swept bangs. His eyes are a warm hazel and on his left cheek is a small, black marking in the shape of a clover.

"I'm a junior at Heartslabyul, like Cater here. And you must be Y/N, the new prefect from that dump of a- ah, I mean, the rustic dorm. I heard the whole story from Cater. Thanks for looking out for our boys yesterday."

Trey smiles at you and you can't help but feel slightly flustered. "Uhh, no problem."

Ace folded his arms. "I don't recall inviting you to sit with us."

"Hey now, we're all from the same dorm, right?" Carter wraps an arm around you and Deuce. "Let's try to get along. Here, gimme your digits."

You shake your head. "I still don't have a phone."

"Oh that's right. How could I forget such a sad life you live." Carter turns his full attention on you. "I know a place that sells the latest models cheap. Now you and I really need to go on a phone shopping date."

"Uuhhh..."

Trey lets out a laugh. "Cater. You're freaking out the freshmen. Maybe take it down a notch?"

"Ha! Sorry! I can get a little extra sometimes. What were we talking about?" Carter puts a hand to his chin in thought. "The dorms, yeah? Ah, what fun to mentor new students! Go ahead, A-M-A."

"Before you get into the other dorms, I wouldn't mind learning a bit more about ours." Says Ace. "Like, what's the deal with all this Queen of Hearts rule number whatever junk?"

"I'm sure you're familiar with the legendary Queen of Hearts already?" Trey leans forward in his seat. "She had to rule over a kingdom of weirdos, and did it by emphasizing order and making strict rules."

Carter nods. "Our dorm, Heartslabyul, is an homage to her. By tradition, we wear armbands with the red and black of the Queen's dress. And we live by the rules she created."

Grim rolls his eyes. "Can you make me any more bored?"

Carter ignores Grim. "Now, the degree to which we adhere to the rules depends on the sitting housewarden. Past wardens have been much more lax."