28. THE PORTRAITS

Start from the beginning

I went and opened the door only to find Ansh Bhai standing there with Manisha Bhabhi.

Shit! What is Bhabhi doing here?

"Hii, Bhai. How... How come you are here?", I asked, trying to act fool.

"Yeah, I came to meet my sister. Shaadi ke baad isse to hamari yaad aati nhi. Maine socha main hi Milne aa jau", he replied, hugging Manisha di.

(She forgot us after marriage, so I thought to pay her a visit)

"Come on in", I moved aside and they entered.

"Where is Ekaksh?", Ansh Bhai asked curiously.

"He went to pick Ariv up from the airport", Bhabhi replied and saying I was shocked would be an understatement.

"Bhabhi, May I ask you something?", I said to which she nodded, "Do you have any idea where Ariv Bhai had been for almost this whole three weeks?"

"See Aadya, I am not going to lie to you all but even I am worried about him. Ekaksh ko bhi Puri baat nhi pata hai. Maine usse pucha but all he said was Samaira is in danger isse jyada Ariv kuch nhi batata."

(Even Ekaksh doesn't know the whole thing)

Samaira's name made a rush of fear and concern run in my veins. I don't know why Abhimaan is behind her but something is really really wrong. How am I supposed to find out about her?

"I think I know someone who can tell us something about Samaira", I suddenly spoke and everyone looked at me.

I know I can't find everything alone so it won't hurt to get a little help from my family.

"Who?", Ika asked, cocking a brow.

"Rimi"

"Rimi as in the vile CEO of HAZELs?", this time Ansh Bhai spoke

"Yes. Few days back she tried to mess with me and my dream project......."

I explained everything to them.

"Why the hell did you not tell me this before? For all we know Abhimaan and Rimi could be together in this", Ika said making a point

"Who is Abhimaan now?" bhabhi asked, looking confused.

Fuck.

"Uh- he-

"He is Aadya's new business rival who is hell bent on making her life tough", Ansh Bhai rescued me and I mouthed him a Thank You.

"Anyways, Heard you have a business meeting in Manhattan, Aadya. What is it about?", bhabhi asked out of the blue.

Bhabhi give your curious mind some rest. How am I gonna find new lies every second?

I nervously smiled at her and looked at Ika for help who just shrugged it as if saying YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN HERE.

"It's- actually it's a business meeting with some delegates to discuss a new project. We are gonna sign a contract with another global brand", I somehow made a believable lie.

"That's great. You know what, I will ask Adrian to make a place for you in his penthouse. Since you will be there for like two-three weeks, it's better if you stay at his place",

"No, Bhabhi. Aisi koi baat ni hai. Main hotel mein aaram se reh lungi and fir waha usse uncomfortable ho jayega na. He must be used to being in his own zone. With me there it will be like I am invading his privacy", I quickly declined the offer.

It's like the universe is conspiring against me. The more I wanna avoid him, the more I am attracted towards him.

"He won't have any problem with you being there. Wait lemme call him and ask if he has any inconveniences or not", without giving someone another chance she called him.