41.

"So, did you—did you have fun?" Hoseok asked Jungkook as they both took a seat at a picnic table.

Jungkook nodded with a smile shivering a bit at the cold wind. It was quite sunny outside but the December breeze was unforgiving.

Hoseok pulled his mask down, shoving his hands in his pockets to stop himself from trembling. "Are you sure?" He asked worriedly.

This was their official first 'date' to say the least. They kept talking via phone and Jungkook often stopped by to visit after work and even on his days off.

Hoseok was more comfortable talking face to face with  him after confessing his true feelings. He didn't blush as much as he once did. Things felt more—natural.

"Look, I'm going to be honest here."

Hoseok felt himself tense at Jungkook's words. Those typically never meant a good thing. He braced himself for failure and to not ever get a second date with him.

"I've never really been a fan of art. Not because I think it's ugly or anything, I've just never seen past the paint or sculpture. What I mean is I never got the meaning of it, but when you became my patient and started sharing your art with me, I saw things differently. You'd show me and explain what it meant and I could actually feel what you were trying to project. Coming to this art museum was definitely worth it Hoseok. It was lovely." Jungkook grinned.

At that moment, Hoseok swore that the sun shined brighter and he suddenly felt warmer. He couldn't help but smile back.

"Woah. Good thing. I was seriously worried." Hoseok admitted while releasing a deep breath. He wanted to impress Jungkook.

To let him know that he was a fun person. That Jungkook could be happy with him if only he'd allow himself to open up.

"You're worrying for nothing." He chuckled. "Oh! But I do think your art is a hundred times better though."

Hoseok kept smiling, "Okay you're just being modest here. They're way better than me."

"I like your art."

"Hmm. That's all that matters then." He said blushing at his compliment.

"How is Yoongi doing?" Jungkook wondered.

"Ah! He's doing amazing. He's actually scheduled to go home next week. I think it'll be good for him to be home for Christmas."

"That's really great news. I'm sure you can't wait to see him."

"Oh for sure. I haven't visited because I don't want to pry too much. I know how difficult it was for me to get through all the therapy and adjusting to my new life. I just wanted to give him space for now."

"I understand that. Do you think it'll be weird actually seeing him face to face?"

Hoseok nodded, "Yeah. It's funny because we're so close and yet we've never actually seen each other personally. We've never touched. It's strange knowing that we will be able to be in the same room now without killing each other." He laughed a little at the end.

"You two always did have an odd sense of humor." Jungkook said, shaking his head.

"You have to make fun of your miseries! Otherwise you'll rot and what's the fun in that?"

Jungkook agreed, "Yeah. You're a hundred percent right. Should we go grab something to eat now?"

"Sure. What are you craving?"

"Honestly I could eat anything." Jungkook said getting up from the bench.

Hoseok followed along, "Anything huh?"