say it

The Things We Lost In The Fire
season 12 ep 8

🎵Deep End-Birdy🎵

"I don't know if you mean everything to me"

~~~~~

It had been three months, three months of doctors appointments and disappointments. Every conversation was positive, but every test was negative.

And so, Madelyn and Aprils relationship was hanging on by a thread. I don't think either of them really knew how much the idea of having a baby was truly the main reason why they were even still together.

At this point, they were still trying.

April was still naive to the fact that when Madelyn suggested that maybe they stopped trying for a while so they could do the whole 'couples therapy' what she really meant was I want to stop, because I don't think we should be together anymore.

April initially shut down the idea of couples therapy, but she could see how desperate Madelyn was so....

So, they compromised. Couples therapy, alongside trying to start a family.

Rule number one when it comes to couples therapy.

Don't. Have. Sex.

So naturally, they've had sex, on multiple occasions.

April on the surface doesn't seem to think there is a problem in their relationship, or maybe she's just in denial.

Madelyn on the other hand is either overly vocal about their problems or she's overly vocal at pretending nothings wrong.

It's a great system, and they look exactly like the kind of couple who should be deciding to have children....

"Well, you know they're saying it's about you" Arizona says to April

"What?"

"You and Riggs. A torrid affair in Jordan" the blonde says

"You and Riggs?" Madelyn says overhearing the conversation

"What- no God no Mads-"

"Yeah i'm kidding. That guys got nothing on me" Madelyn says proudly "Although I did pretend I thought it was the truth so the barista would give me free coffee's"

"You idiot" April exclaims

"Don't worry. I shut that down" Arizona says

"God! Thank you. Geez!" April says "No, I think it goes back further than that, because I worked with Riggs, and he never even mentioned knowing Hunt"

Arizona gasps "Oh, my gosh. Hunt and Riggs... What... what if they had the torrid affair?"

"Come on" April says in disbelief

"No. Just think about it. Wartime, no rules, men in uniform, kissing" Arizona says

"Huh" Madelyn replies seeing the blondes vision