Chapter 7: Triad magic

Author's Note: Qwerty (I'm back from exams and on a grindset so let's see what I can do)

.

.

.

Chris's POV

The infected Gabriel had trapped me within a crystal dome, his looks seemed to get worse the more I stalled and missed my shots and whenever I made contact with those crystals I felt myself get more disorientated I needed to get rid of him before I ended up like him, "What's wrong Head Investigator? Have you realised the ever-increasing gap in our power? or are the crystals beginning to get to you?" Gabriel tries to taunt me but I greet him with a giant robotic punch that sends him through the crystal wall imprisoning the both of us, "If a threat like you was getting to me then I don't deserve to be a Head Investigator now do I?" I retort as I start firing at the crystals to form a way out of here I begin sending a distress signal to the others as Gabriel lunges forward and his speed is terrifying, he aims that defiled arm of his at my chest and focuses my magic I create a barrier in front of me that he slams into, "!!!" The impact of the hit causes us to slide across the floor Biting my teeth and closing my eyes I didn't expect it to have that much power behind it, I manipulate the barrier to make it a slide as I crouch under it and launch him into a wall spawning in a few more plasma rifles I start firing them at the rubble where he crashed

"Head Investigator! Are you alright?"

 Oh, good backup is on the way I respond to him in a rushed tone, "Yes I am alright! Listen to me we are on the fourth I've got Investigator Gabriel on the defensive come quick!" "Alright!" With that I stop the rifles from firing as I look at the smoke coming from Gabriel's position, it's quiet for a good few moments my guard not wavering as I approach the debris but before I can get a word in before a sudden rush of crystals come towards me I barrel roll out of their way as Gabriel is right in front of me with a salivating grin on his face, "Hello There~" He swipes his arm at me and Iduck causing him to claw into the wall behind me, turning my arm into a laser cannon I put it under him and send him into the next floor where I comment, "That power must be making you go drunk Gabriel, I doubt you'll win if you can't think ahe-" "S̵̄̍Ḧ̸́͠U̶̍͊T̵̈́̅ ̴͌̕U̶̍͛P̸̈́ He yells out his voice starting to scramble into incoherent nonsense looking up I notice that his condition is only getting worse the crystals have spread to his face and legs as he starts looking a lot less human now he comes crashing down as the shockwave sends me crashing into another wall...Ugh, I feel disorientated My body hurts and I see a blurry image of a monster Gabriel starting to charge at me forming the end of his arm into a spear as he aims to finish me off But I see a giant laser blast his arm off as he screams in pain, "Head Investigator are you alright?" "It took you all..long enough" I manage to get up as I see the rest of my squad enter the room with their weapons at the ready "What happened to him?" "Crystals" "Crystals?" I point to Gabriel as we look at his horrid state of him holding his arm in pain as his voice doesn't even sound natural anymore. We see as He starts rebuilding his arm out of crystals, "Anyway we can fix him?" "We can always send him back at base to see if we can but I have heavy doubts" "Alright" "Men: Open fire" Before he can fully regenerate his limb We all open fire on his body his shrieks getting louder to the point of being ear-piercing but we don't let up until we're sure he's unable to cause any more damage Things may be worse than I originally thought.

We all arrived back at base, Me and Gyrad, a researcher and scientist working here and we were looking at Gabriel's condition and whether he was capable of saving or not we managed to heal him up to a stable point but not enough to wake him up, "His energy levels are all irregular, when looking at them they keep jumping up and down and I'm getting two readings instead of one this time" "So any chance of bringing him back to his usual self?" I ask and Gyrad gives me the bad news, "Well unfortunately unless he somehow gets rid of the Corruptive energy within or somehow manages to overwrite it then he'll just go berserk again" "...Alright then" I leave the room and head to the changing rooms. I start to pack my things up putting away my suit and changing into my regular clothes as I close my eyes and think for a moment, Crystals weren't a rare thing whatsoever but Pink Crystals were unusual to see that again just messes with me, I shouldn't worry about it for now as long as my kids are okay I'll be alright...

We no longer focus on Chris' Point of view as we look ahead and see Eldowin and Leywin sitting down and looking toward each other, Leywin opens his mouth and begins to explain, "Triad Magic, The ability to infuse our spells with our energies, Triad Magic is split off into three categories Glyphic Magic, Technomancy and The Odic Arts, with this principle in mind you can create special effects with your spells such as making a flame portal that burns your enemies when they are put through it or a Dark construct creating a blinding light with your light energy, your capabilities of spells and what they can do are only limited to what your energy is and if you were blessed with esoteric energy than your potential is practically limitless"