Chapter 26: A Balloon What?

Start from the beginning

"Chi," chi sighed in relief after the brief scare.

"Woah, what happened?" Usopp exclaimed, seeing my rough landing.

I jumped out of my plane with Chi. "I lost power right before I landed." I explained as I started to strap my plane to the ship's deck.

Everyone was there.

"At least you made it before falling." Nami comments.

"Yeah, but what are you going to do now?" Sanji wonders. "Are you stuck here in the meantime?"

I smile, knowing that they just gave me the perfect opportunity to show them my new ability. "Actually, I can power it up myself now, so I won't need to wait."

This seemed to interest them.

I look at Chi, so she knows to get down. Since I'm still a newbie with the power, I didn't want to accidentally hurt her. She hopped down and went over to Robin as she had grown close to her during my history lessons.

I focus channeling my new power into my hands, causing them to spark a little.

"Did you copy that guy's devil fruit!" Usopp shrieked out in surprise, seeing my hands spark up.

"Yup! Shocking, right?" I then shot out a single bolt of lightning towards my plane, so the thunder dial could recharge. I did it a couple of times, so I wouldn't have to worry about it losing power mid flight for a while.

"Sorry I didn't mention it earlier. I didn't want to freak out the locals, seeing as they just lost their homes and all." I explained my reasoning for keeping it under wraps.

"What! When did you get his power!" Zoro shouts.

"You kissed that guy?!" Nami says shocked.

"WHAT!" Sanji joins the questioning parade.

"Of course not! I tricked him." I wave my hands in front of me in defense of myself.

"How?" Robin asks, curious about how I manage after she couldn't no doubt.

I sigh. "Gather round, cause I'm only telling this story once." I ordered them. I gathered smoke in my hands, using my power like I did when I was a kid to tell Luffy stories.

All the strawhats gathered around, ready to watch the smoke make the images appear of the events that happened earlier. I told them of the fake tradition of the Disciple's Oath that I created.

Everyone watched the smoke with fascination throughout the telling of the story. Once I was done, I allowed the smoke to dissipate.

I smile at them. "And that's what happened. I took a page out of Usopp's book for my gain. Whatcha think? Not bad eh?" I nudged Nami with my shoulder as she smiled at me in return.

Usopp seemed to puff up a bit when I mentioned him. Of course what else should I have expected. I slightly shook my head at his shenanigans.

"As much as I don't like that bastard laying a hand on you. A kiss on the hand is definitely better than the mouth." Sanji puffed out a smoke as he responded. Then he started to noodle dance. "Of course nobody is worthy enough to kiss Ama-chan!"

I chuckled. Classic Sanji I suppose. Zoro walked over to my side as I chuckled before placing a hand on my shoulder. He didn't say anything, but his meaning still came across. He was worried after I was taken and now relieved that I was okay.

I nodded in understanding of his sentiment. He lowered his arm before finding a place on deck to take a nap.

"Shishishi," Luffy laughed his famous laugh. "Seems you've gotten stronger, Ama!" He cheered for me.