\|/ 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣. \|/

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~] 

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~] 

You and Hiccup had made it back to Berk relatively quickly, now being sat around the fire with Gobber, Astrid, Snotlout, Fishlegs, Ruffnut and Tuffnut.

"And with one twist, he took my hand and swallowed it whole!" Gobber said, telling the story of how he's lost his limbs.

"I saw the look on his face..." Gobber trailed off. "I was delicious. He must have passed the word, because it wasn't a month before another one of them took my leg."

You twisted an arrow in your hand a little, watching as Hiccup held a fish on the end of his stick to the fire.

You weren't paying too much attention to the conversation, as it didn't seem very beneficial to you at the moment, while Hiccup was doing the exact same thing that you were doing at the moment, which wasn't listening.

"Isn't it weird to think your hand was inside a dragon?" Fishlegs asked. "Like if your mind was still in control of it, you could have killed the dragon from inside by crushing his heart."

Everyone gave him extremely odd looks.

It was an extremely odd statement in general.

"I swear, I'm so angry. I'll avenge your beautiful hand and your beautiful foot. I'll chip off the legs of every dragon I fight, with my face." Snotlout spoke up.

You looked over at Gobber, who was taking a chicken leg off of what he was eating at the moment, you still spinning a nearby arrow.

It was nighttime, though the stars weren't visible.

"It's the wings and the tails you really want. If it can't fly, it can't get away." Gobber said. "A downed dragon is a dead dragon."

This got your attention immediately, looking up and around, now realizing what that would mean for the future, or what might be the future.

You and hiccup exchanged looks, realizing that the Night Fury- Toothless, the name of the Night Fury, chosen by hiccup, couldn't fly.

He couldn't fly because he was missing a tail fin, which was most likely ripped off when Hiccup had shot him down.

Feint, the name of the Light Fury, a name you had chosen, had two of them and had wings that were perfectly intact, meaning she was able to fly.

She didn't leave Toothless, meaning the two must've had a friendship that has lasted longer than the simple fact they were on the same island as each other.

You wondered how long they've known each other, but it made sense on how Toothless was so adamant on getting away from Hiccup and you when hiccup, you and him first encountered each other.

Gobber yawned, stretching his arms out, looking rather tired.

"Alright, I'm off to bed. You should be, too. Tomorrow we get to the big boys, slowly but surely making our way up to the Monstrous Nightmare." Gobber said. "But who'll win the honour of killing it?"

You watched as Hiccup slipped off and away, still listening to the conversation, knowing he had probably went somewhere to debrief for himself.

"It's gonna be me. It's my destiny. See?" Tuffnut asked, showing off a small 'tattoo' of his.

"Your mom let you get a tattoo?" Fishlegs questioned him, gasping in surprise.

You watched hiccup go down the steps, hearing his boots, but not acting in case something beneficial was said.

"It's not a tattoo, it's a birthmark." Tuffnut told Fishlegs.

You looked over, seeing Astrid look down the steps.

She noticed how Hiccup left in such a hurry, so you hoped that she wouldn't question him about it.

Hiccup wasn't the best at reacting when under pressure, and he usually needed a few moments to plan, and someone like astrid wouldn't give a few moments.

You spun the arrow in your hand, looking down at the wood below your feet.

"Okay. I've been stuck with you since birth, and that was never there before." Ruffnut said to her brother.

"Yes, it was. You've just never seen me from the left side until now." Tuffnut said.

You watched Astrid walk back to her spot, seemingly letting the whole situation go.

You sighed a small sigh of relief before tossing the arrow over into the ocean, Snotlout watching it fall as you got up and went down the steps to go find hiccup.

There was nothing left in the conversation for you, as you knew it'd simply consist of the twins fighting the whole time until everyone decided to go to sleep.

It was getting darker by the second, and colder, so you didn't want to be the last to leave in case you had gotten sick or something.

Getting sick now wasn't exactly an option now that you had to worry about two dragons, especially Furies, not getting caught.

Along with you and Hiccup sneaking out to see them, as that would also Ben quite the dilemma, and hiccup might lose the title of 'Future chief' if that ever happened.