Chapter 8- training

"Splendid, you boys look perfect." Clarice said, clapping her hands. Monica followed suit. "Yes indeed, now you will be taken to the meal hall." Monica said, the two maids getting up from their poof.

Sasuke and Naruto looked at them curiously, to which the maids ignored them and walked straight past to the door. Clarice stopped at the frame and turned back with a smile. "Well come on, you must be hungry!"

Naruto certainly was hungry. He nodded with excitement and skipped two at a time to catch up, wishing they could walk faster down the hall.

Sasuke and Naruto were dropped off in a big cafeteria hall. A classic table that ran across the room, lined with chairs to the brim, perfectly spread out and set, was displayed awkwardly infront of them. And at the very end of the table sat the grueling man, lonesome looking towards their direction with an eerie smile. Lord Takahashi. That single name that the boys were made to use was uncomfortable. It was like they had no choice but to cecum to his ruling, in his title of lord.

"Welcome boys, have a seat, closer I insist." He said, unfolding a hand and motioning it to come closer. Naruto was frozen where he stood. He didn't want to, it seemed like an impossible task to complete.

He felt a hand coddle the small of his back, ushering him along. It was Sasuke. Somehow, he had the willpower to comply. And Sasuke led him along the lasting table, all the way to seats near the end, a few separating them and Takahashi.

"Oh, uh... Lord Takahashi?" Naruto asked cautiously. "Yes Mr. Uzumaki." "What's the deal with these collars?" "Oh well that's simple." he replied with a dawning smirk.

Suddenly the dishes arrived at the table. There were plates upon plates of silver, filled each to the brim with foods the boys hadn't ever seen. The custodians laid the China in front of them to enjoy. Naruto first took part in a familiar dish, a bowl of ramen. What a classic, figures they would serve that for him.

"About the collars, now..." Takahashi continued. "they're for your... protection, essentially. Or rather, perhaps it's more for our protection. We're able to control your output of chakra through them. Right now, they will remain off, but I warn you if ever necessary, such as in training or in any case, your betrayal, they shall be activated. You might be familiar with these effects, such as the box you arrived here in." Takahashi said, forking some sort of eggs.

Sasuke was livid. How could they put these kinds of restraints on them! Well, it was sort of understandable seeing that they were in a sort of capture-hostile situation, and that Sasuke had the means to escape all the same. This just made it even more difficult to create an escape plan. Remember, always remain suspicious.

It's not that Sasuke is technically loyal to the Leaf village, it's that he hates these guys, and knows that he has a life back in the village, one with Naruto. Naruto wants to be in Konaha, so that's his end goal as well.

The rest of their food was eaten in utter silence, the boys thinking about their position. Now that they were taken care of, they could have started their escape but now, that didn't seem so plausible.

"Anyhow, now that it seems we are finished, I'll show you to the training hall, we need to start right away." He said, getting up with struggle and slowly strutting towards the hall doors. Naruto and Sasuke got up as well, walking possibly slower than the middle-aged man before them.

Eventually, they entered another room much further down the hall. It was the biggest one yet. Possibly as big as 10 football fields in area. It was white and dull, nothing in sight but you could tell it was high tech and fancy, much unlike the rest of the castle they were in.

Suddenly, a whole guard of ninja, maybe 20 or more flooded the room and guarded around near the entrance, all standing straight and in a neat looking order.