Hear No Secrets Chapter 34

Start from the beginning

“I keep replaying what Nicole said in my head and replaying the old speeches our coaches used to give us. I thought they were so stupid because I didn’t have time to have a real life, but they were right. Having a real life can be so distracting, but I don’t think they realized how rewarding it can be.”

He wrapped his arms around my waist while I continued sitting on his lap and hugged me.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Having a real life that didn’t revolve around gymnastics made me realize that there’s a lot of other things to live for. Having real friends and having a boyfriend that know nothing about gymnastics is what gave me confidence back in myself. I was so depressed when I gave up gymnastics because my entire life revolved around it. I didn’t know anything else and I didn’t have anything to live for. You, Mia, and Lana showed me that there are a lot of other reasons to live. You guys made me realize that I have so many other choices out there. You inspire me. When I’m out there on the floor performing for the crowd and for the judges, I think about everyone who cares about me and it helps me get through the performance.”

“I’m so proud of you,” he whispered in my ear.

I looked at him, “Do you really think she was wrong?”

He nodded, “She doesn’t understand who we are and she doesn’t understand us as a couple so who is she to judge whether you can handle it or not?”

I smiled, “You’re right. I’m sorry about the way I’ve been acting.”

“It’s okay.”

“No it’s not. I’ve been horrible.”

He kissed my cheek, “But you’re better now.”

“Yeah,” I nodded, “I am.”

“Good.”

“Grant?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you.”

“For what?” he asked.

“Just being here. I don’t think I say that enough.”

“I should be thanking you,” he said. “You saved me.”

“You saved me back.”

He smiled, “Then we’re even.”

“Okay,” I let out a small chuckle, “I guess that works too.”

“Come here.”

            I turned my head and he kissed me hard. My arms wrapped around his neck and my hands tangled in his hair. It quickly turned into a make out session that I didn’t want to end. We were interrupted by someone way too soon when they stepped out onto the back porch. Grant and I pulled away and blushed and wiped my lips.

“I didn’t mean to interrupt,” Nicole said.

“Oh… uh… that’s okay,” I quickly said, trying to recover from the embarrassment.

“I have to go call Darren,” Grant said, “I’ll let you two talk.”

I slipped off his lap and he kissed me quickly before leaving back into the house. Nicole sat next to me on the porch.

“You might want to watch that,” Nicole said. “Peter will have a heart attack if he sees you two like that. He’ll never let him stay here again.”

I blushed.

“You wanted it to go further didn’t you?” Nicole asked.

“Maybe,” I admitted.