Chapter 7- Whispers of Foreboding

Amy finds herself walking through the woods, quietly collecting flowers along the way.

Amy's breath catches in her throat as she stares at the roses clutched in her trembling hand.

Dread washes over her as she watches her fingers gradually transform into an eerie shade of black, filling her with a sense of foreboding.

As Amy takes a step back, her eyes widen in astonishment. She gazes upward and is met with the captivating sight of a young woman in her mid 30s.

The girl's light brown hair cascades around her face, perfectly complementing her warm brown eyes.

A flicker of recognition dances in Amy's mind, as if she has encountered this mysterious figure before.

"Amy?" Brian's voice breaks the silence, causing her to startle.

She quickly spins around, her heart pounding, only to find Brian standing there.

Confused, she turns back to where the mysterious young woman was, but she has vanished without a trace.

"Hey, you alright?" Brian inquired, concern etched on his face.

Amy's eyes darted nervously around the dense woods before she responded, "Yeah, I'm fine."

With a sense of urgency, she handed the roses to Brian and briskly made her way back to the cabin, deliberately avoiding any eye contact with him.

Confusion clouding Brian's expression, he stared at the roses, lost in thought.

A name surfaced in his mind, causing him to sigh.

He shifted his gaze towards the tranquil woods, appreciating their peaceful and serene presence.

With a smile on his face, Brian approached the cabin door and peeked inside.

The sound of Jane's exclamation filled the air, "I am so not gonna kill a deer," which elicited laughter from Jacob and the rest of the group. "I could never harm an innocent animal," Jane declared.

Playfully, Jacob chimed in, "Are you a vegan?" as he chuckled, causing Jane to roll her eyes in response.

"Alright, fine, I'll eat them since I didn't do the killing. No guilt for me!" Jane retorted, her voice tinged with annoyance.

Jacob and Annalise burst into even more laughter at her response.

"Jane?" Brian interjected, causing all heads to turn towards him in curiosity.

"Hey, Brian," Jane greeted, her curiosity piqued as Brian motioned for her to step outside.

As Jane walked towards the door and stepped outside, the door closed behind them.

Jacob clenched his fist in anger, and Annalise, noticing his reaction, interrupted with a teasing tone, "You've got a crush on her, don't you?"

Jacob, taken aback by the question, quickly replied, "No I dont."

Annalise flashed a mischievous smile and playfully insisted, "Oh come on, you totally have a crush on her!"

Jacob let out a sigh, and Annalise continued, "Here's some advice: maybe it's best to keep your distance."

"You can definitely tell that Brian likes her too. And judging by the way she looks at him, she's definitely gonna choose him. So save yourself the heartbreak." Annalise said with a caring voice.

Annalise's words hit Jacob like a bolt of lightning, leaving him squinting his eyes in confusion.

"Wait, you really think Brian has strong feelings for her and that she'll choose him based on their connection?" he asked, his gaze momentarily shifting to the ground before returning to meet Annalise's eyes.