Chapter 10- The Shadowed Dominion

Jane, Amy, and the rest of the group slowly opened their eyes, their hearts pounding with anticipation.

As they glanced around, their jaws dropped in disbelief. They found themselves standing in front of the familiar cabin, surrounded by towering trees and a serene forest.

It was as if time had played a trick on them, transporting them back to the cabin.

Jane rushed over to Brian, her heart filled with relief and concern. "Brian!" she called out, wrapping her arms around him in a tight embrace. "Are you okay?" she asked, her voice filled with genuine worry.

Brian, holding her close, responded, "Are you?" They held each other, finding solace in their reunion amidst the mysterious circumstances.

Amy and Aria locked eyes, their smiles reflecting a mix of relief and joy. Aria gently embraced Amy, her voice filled with concern as she asked, "Are you okay?"

Amy responded, her smile widening, "I'm fine." Their heartfelt connection spoke volumes, reassuring each other that they were safe and together in this inexplicable situation.

Jacob's eyes shifted from Jane and Brian's embrace to Annalise, who called out to him. "Oh, hey, friend," he greeted with a warm smile.

Annalise's concern was evident as she asked, "Are you okay?" Jacob reassured her, his tone lightening, "Nah, it was nothing. Don't worry, I'm alright."

He glanced back at Jane and Brian, a hint of disappointment flickering in his eyes. Sensing his mixed emotions, Annalise exchanged a quick glance with them before refocusing on Jacob.

As the six of them stood together, gazing at the enigmatic cabin, Annalise's frustration burst forth. "How in the hell did she bring us back here?" she exclaimed.

Amy chimed in, her voice filled with determination, "There has to be a reason behind all of this."

Aria's words carried a mix of curiosity and apprehension, "Yeah, it's strange. Why didn't she just kill us?"

The unanswered questions hung in the air, intensifying the mystery that surrounded their inexplicable return to the cabin.

Amy casually mentioned, "I need to use the bathroom," catching everyone's attention. Aria offered to accompany her, but Amy politely declined, saying she preferred to go alone. She then calmly walked into the forest.

Amy ventured a few paces into the wilderness, her gaze lingering on the retreating figures of her friends as they disappeared into the cozy cabin.

With a mix of curiosity and conviction, she mustered the courage to speak into the stillness, "Hello? I can sense your presence, watching over me."

The air grew heavy with anticipation, until finally, like a mystical apparition, Mai materialized before her, confirming Amy's intuition and igniting a sense of wonder.

"Hi," Amy said, her voice tinged with a mixture of trepidation and sadness.

Mai looked at her, her eyes filled with understanding. "You called me," Mai acknowledged, her voice gentle yet tinged with a hint of sorrow.

Amy's voice quivered as she continued, her words heavy with emotion, "You... you're no longer alive?"

A wave of sympathy washed over Mai's face as she nodded softly. "I'm sorry, my child," she whispered, her voice carrying the weight of a bittersweet truth.

"Who's Celestine?" Amy asked, her curiosity piqued. Mai's expression turned stern as she responded, "You met her?"

Amy hesitated for a moment, then replied, "Well, we kind of... went to her."