Hiccup slides off Toothless, (Y/N) glaring at Drago as she climbs off (D/N). Toothless watches Drago closely in a defensive position, (D/N) lowly hissing as he remains close at (Y/N)'s side.

Hiccup removes his helmet, tossing it to the side as he looks to Drago, who snickers and shakes his head.

"You two are the great dragon masters?" Drago muses, raising a brow as Toothless lowly growls.

Hiccup calms Toothless, walking a few steps closer to Drago as (Y/N) stays at his side.

"You, the son of Stoick the Vast?" Drago continues with a sneer, jerking his staff to Hiccup as Toothless continues to growl. "What shame he must feel."

"You--" (Y/N) starts, cutting herself off with an angry huff as Hiccup gently grabs her hand, reassuring her as he faces Drago.

"All of this loss, and for what?" Hiccup demands as he narrows his eyes at Drago. "To become unstoppable? To rule the world?"

Drago simply nods in agreement, looking back at the dragons.

"Why?" (Y/N) questions, making him look back at her in amusement. "Dragons aren't our enemies. They are compassionate and have emotions like we do!"

"They--they are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together," Hiccup agrees, making Drago roll his eyes as he plants his staff in the ground.

"Or tear them apart," Drago roughly replies, moving his cape to the side and popping off his prosthetic arm.

Hiccup gasps softly, (Y/N) wincing before shaking her head with a small sigh.

"Seems like one already tried to tear into your little girlfriend," Drago sneers, making (Y/N) instinctively move her arm behind her back as Hiccup grunts and looks back at her.

"That wasn't the same," she harshly replies, making Drago scoff.

"Of course it is," he scoffs, attaching his arm back to its spot. "You see, I know what it is to live in fear." Drago growls out, approaching the two.

Hiccup backs away a step before holding his ground as Drago slowly moves to his side, (Y/N)'s hand resting on her blade's handle as she closely watches the man.

"To see my village burned, my family... Taken," Drago continues, shaking his head. "But even as a boy, left with nothing, I vowed to rise above the fear of dragons..."

He walks past Hiccup with a scoff, walking to his staff and grabbing it as he looks up at the Bewilderbeast.

"... And liberate the people of this world."

"Then why a dragon army?" Hiccup questions with raised brows, confusion lacing his words.

"Well, you need dragons to conquer other dragons," Drago replies, as if it was obvious.

"Or you need dragons to make others fear you," (Y/N) speaks up, making Drago glance at her. "To conquer them."

"To control those who follow you," Hiccup glares at Drago. "And to get rid of those who won't," he finishes, recalling Stoick's story.

Drago lets out a dark chuckle, looking back at the dragons flying overhead.

"Clever."

"This hatred you have for dragons..." (Y/N) carefully chooses her words as she sppeaks. "I understand what it's like losing your family. But I didn't let hatred and vengeance cloud my conscience. Dragons don't want war. They don't want to fight."

"The world wants peace," Hiccup backs away a step, lightly pushing (Y/N) back further as Drago approaches them.

Toothless lowly rumbles as he walks forward with Drago's steps, (D/N) hissing with his scales spiking as he walks to (Y/N)'s side.