Next Plan of Action

...

Third Person P.O.V

"Come on, Meatlug!" Fishlegs laughs as he, the Twins, and Snotlout race.

Gothi gasps as they fly past her, her Terrible Terrors squawking and flying around in fear.

They gather around her as she softly coos at them, scooping one up and petting it just as Snotlout whizzes by, startling them once more into flying away.

She huffs, stomping her foot in annoyance as she glares at Snotlout's retreating form.

...

"Hey there, Stoick!" A man greets as Stoick walks into the workshop.

"Hey, how are you? Beautiful day," Stoick says with a nod, snickering when he sees Snotlout's father. "Spitelout, great race." He jumps, backing up as he almost runs into a woman. "Sorry, Mrs. Ack."

She smiles and nods, walking away as Stoick approaches Gobber.

"Any sign of them?"

"Ah!" Gobber waves his arm, his face covered by a welding mask. "They've probably flown off the edge of the world by now."

Gobber nods as he finishes his piece, walking over to a light blue Zippleback.

"Are you sure you want that kid running the village?" He questions as the Zippleback opens one of its mouths, revealing a missing tooth as Gobber sets the metal one in place. "You can still delay your retirement."

"He's ready. You'll see." Stoick replies as Gobber hammers the tooth in lightly. "With (Y/N) at his side, they'll be unstoppable."

Toothless' roar catches their attention, making Stoick widely grin when he sees him land with (Y/N) at his side.

"There they are!" Stoick laughs, raising a brow a Gobber. "The prides of Berk!"

"That's a new one," (Y/N) mumbles, sliding off (D/N) as Hiccup jumps off Toothless.

Astrid lands a little ways off, rushing over to the two as the other join them.

"Look who finally decided to show up for work," Gobber scoffs, raising his mask and pretending to swing at the two. "Yay."

"Sorry! Got held up," Hiccup apologizes, nervously laughing and wrapping an arm around (Y/N) as they walk towards Stoick.

"Literally," (Y/N) lightly jokes, recalling how Eret had a grip on her.

"Hey, uh, Dad? Could I have a word?" Hiccup calls, jumping as Stoick grips his shoulders with a grin.

"Something you're itching to tell me?"

He walks behind the couple, moving in between them and wrapping an arm around their shoulders.

"Not quite the itch you're thinking of, but yes." Hiccup replies as Stoick releases the two, grabbing their aprons and tossing it to them.

"Good man!" Stoick laughs, walking towards the number cards. "Now, lesson one. A Chief's first duty is to his people. So... Forty-One!"

"He... Isn't listening," (Y/N) mumbles to Hiccup, setting her apron down as he tosses his away.

"Can we just talk in private for--"

"Forty..."

"That's me! That's me!" A man yells in excitement as the others groan. "I'm next!" He pushes through the crowd as another glares at him, "hey, I was ahead of you!"

"If we could just talk..."

Hiccup sighs, rubbing his temple and relaxing slightly as (Y/N) grabs his hand, gently rubbing her thumb against it.