Dragon Trappers

...

Third Person P.O.V

(D/N)'s ear perks up as he quickly looks behind us, making me jump lightly as the sound of a dragon screeching could be heard.

"Hey!" (Y/N) calls with a wave as Stormfly swoops down, picking up some rocks as she lands. "Whatcha been up to?"

Astrid stretches as she jumps off Stormfly, Toothless eagerly rushing over to Stormfly and pausing to say hi to Astrid.

"Oh, winning races, what else?" She smirks, making (Y/N snicker.

Stormfly and Toothless greet one another, bobbing their heads in sync and chirping. (D/N) stretches, padding over to them and playfully whacking Toothless with his tail, causing him to huff and pursue.

"Where have you two been?"

Hiccup snorts as he finishes his drawing, shaking his head as he wraps an arm around (Y/N).

"Avoiding my dad."

"You still haven't told me what happened," (Y/N) reminds as Astrid plops onto the ground next to her, criss-crossing her legs.

Toothless pursues (D/N) in the back, Stormfly chirping at them to stop as she chases them.

"Oh, you're gonna love this, beautiful." Hiccup replies, his fingers playing with her hair. "I wake up, the sun is shining, Terrible Terrors are singing on the rooftop--"

Astrid takes his pen, looking towards the mountain and sketching them as Hiccup tells his story.

"I saunter down to breakfast thinking all is right with the world and I get," Hiccup rises, making his voice deeper. "Son, we need to talk."

"Not now, Dad. I got a whole day of goofing off with (Y/N) to get started!" Astrid mimics Hiccup as she waves her arms, making (Y/N) snicker and shake her head.

"That was amazing," (Y/N) laughs, sighing with joy as she calms down.

"What? No, it wasn't!" Hiccup whines, huffing as he shakes his head. "First of all, I don't sound like that! And second, who--what is this character?" He gestures to Astrid, looking over at (Y/N). "And third, what is that thing you're doing with my shoulders?"

(Y/N) giggles, dramatically waving her arms and shoulders as Astrid laughs, shaking her head as she continues to sketch the mountains.

"Yeah, that's a truly flattering impersonation," Hiccup pouts as (Y/N) sits up, snickering to herself. "Anyway, he goes," Hiccup clears his throat and stomps around, "you're the pride of Berk, son, and I couldn't be prouder--"

"Oh, thanks, Dad! It's all because (Y/N)'s at my side to help me!" (Y/N) does her own impersonation, making Astrid burst into laughter.

Hiccup can't help but chuckle as he gestures to (Y/N), his arms waving animatedly. "When have I ever done that with my hands?"

"You just did!" Astrid shouts with amusement, (Y/N) placing a hand on her mouth to muffle her laugh.

"Come on, beautiful!" Hiccup laughs, kneeling down and grabbing (Y/N)'s cheeks with his hands. "This is very serious!"

"Okay, okay," (Y/N) takes in a deep breath, making Hiccup nod and smile as he pecks her forehead and stands.

"You're all grown up, and since no Chief could ask for a better successor, I've decided--"

"To make you Chief!" Astrid realizes quickly standing as (Y/N) softly gasps. "Oh, my gods! Hiccup, that's amazing!"

Astrid punches Hiccup's stomach in excitement, making him yelp as his back-fin pops open.