For the Dancing and the Dreaming

...

Third Person P.O.V

Drago yells as he slams his staff against the large chains being pulled by a mysterious creature, grunting and nodding as the ship moves faster.

Meanwhile on the other side of the ship, the group was about to walk the plank.

"Could this day get any worse?" Snotlout whines as Eret investigates the waters below.

"Let me see," Tuffnut hums in thought. "We're gonna jump into freezing cold water, and then die from drowning."

"I wish (Y/N) was here to stop your whining," Ruffnut replies in annoyance, rolling her eyes.

"Looks refreshing." Eret says in a light tone, backing away from the water and facing Astrid. "Please, ladies first." He smiles, making her glare sharpen.

She grunts as the men holding her push her forward, face to face with Eret's grinning face.

"You are a steaming heap of dragon--"

His smirk falls to a serious look, "duck."

Astrid's eyes widen as she quickly ducks, Eret swinging his leg and roundhouse kicking the men holding her. He catches the spear as it flies through the air, slicing his binds off and smirking.

"Warn the others!" A man yells as he and the others charge, one man rushing away.

"Get them, you son of an Eret," Ruffnut purrs as she watches Eret.

Eret spins the two spears in his hands, spinning around and shoving the men away roughly. A man turns around and is met with a dart in the throat, blocking Eret.

"Take that!" Tuffnut laughs as Eret slams his fist into the man shooting darts, causing the blowpipe to fly in the air.

Eret catches it as Fishlegs body slams one of the men with a scream, and he fires a dart to the fleeing man.

It strikes him, causing him to groan and sway side to side before he collapses.

Ruffnut looks at Eret in awe, a wide grin on her face as she rushes over to him. "Okay, I love you again."

Snotlout sighs dejectedly, making Tuffnut roll his eyes and exhale loudly in irritation and disgust.

"Pathetic. You could still jump--"

"So, are we going to save your dragons and get out of here, or not?" Eret muses to Astrid, walking towards a man to retrieve his weapons.

"Hmm," she hums in response, a smirk on her face as Ruffnut continues to stare at Eret with a love-sick expression.

"Check every trap," Eret tells the others as he looks around. "They're here somewhere."

...

Astrid flips under a large tarp, grunting as she spins the lever to open the trap. She climbs up, gasping softly.

"Meatlug?"

She looks up at Astrid with a rumble, her tail wagging happily.

...

"Anyone coming?" Eret questions as he turns the trap, straining slightly.

"I dunno," Ruffnut shrugs, leaning against the trap as she watches Eret. "You just keep doing what you're doing." She closely watches his muscles, "keep cranking."

Eret sighs and pulls himself up onto the trap, peering inside before dropping down with a grunt.

Stormfly jumps, rumbling softly when she sees Eret approaching. Her nostrils flare slightly as her breathing picks up, making him pause as he kneels in front of her.