Defending the Nest

...

Third Person P.O.V

Blast after blast were fired at the Nest, shaking the ice and breaking it apart. Valka staggers outside of the cavern, (M/N) at her side.

Malin whimpers softly as rushes and joins (M/N), looking at the Trappers below. Pieces of ice fall into Valka, Malin blocking (M/N) with her wing.

Drago's fleet of soliders were docked on the land, the army already making their way towards the Nest.

"No..." (M/N) manages out, Valka breathing heavily in anger as more cannons were fired.

"Mom!" (Y/N) shouts, rushing to her side and gasping at the sight of the army.

"Oh, no." Hiccup breathes out, shaking his head as Stoick joins his side.

Valka swiftly turns, marching a few paces as (M/N) quickly follows.

"Mom, wait!" (Y/N) calls, grabbing her hand and stopping her.

"Val," Stoick stops Valka. "Val! It's all right, it's all right. We're all a team, now."

(M/N) takes in a deep breath, exhaling and nodding with a tight smile.

"What do you want to do?"

"We have to save the dragons," Valka instructs, gently setting her hand on Stoick's and her other on Hiccup.

"Aye, you got it!"

"Malin and I will sneak around back and try to get rid of the catapults," (M/N) firmly says, making Malin roar softly with a head nod.

She looks to (Y/N), smiling softly and tightly hugging her.

"Be safe, (Y/N)."

"You too, Mom," (Y/N) quietly replies, hugging her back and pulling away reluctantly.

(M/N) nods with a grin, pulling over her leather hood and racing to Malin, jumping on her back and flying off.

...

Dragons from the Nest angrily roar as they swoop down on the army, ready to protect their home. A dragon dives down, barely dodging a net before crashing into the snow and taking out some of the men.

Armored dragons pull the catapults closer to the Nest, the men all shouting and yelling as they rush forward. Some remain back, firing ballistas and catapults at the icy structure.

A net wraps around a dragon, making it collapse with a whimper. Drago walks next to it, making it hiss angrily as he sneers.

"Whatever comes, keep hitting the mountain." He orders, his men obeying. "We need to draw the Alpha out."

More dragons come from the Nest, blocking the men rushing them and fighting back. Armored dragons fly in, roaring as they attack the Nest dragons.

"Ready the traps!" Drago shouts, making a man nod and grunt as he opens up one of the traps.

It was holding a dragon, it whining and whimpering in fear as it was uncovered. A dragon above roars, diving down to help. It lands inside, only for the trap to snap shut on its wing.

...

A Nadder lands inside a Gronckle's trap, the trap snapping shut and capturing it.

...

A green gas starts to spew from one of the traps, making a man look back in confusion before yelling out as a spark causes it to explode.

"Surprise!" Tuffnut yells with a laugh, the gang all emerging from the traps. "Yeah!"