Backstory

Third Person P.O.V

The Dragon trapper's ship sailed across the waters, an icy chill in the air.

"Keep your eyes peeled, lads!" Eret says to his men as he looks out onto the horizen. "With this wind we'll reach Drago by daybreak. So best we fill this ship up with dragons and quick!"

Eret grunts as he lightly touches the cut on his cheek, hissing in pain and scoffing with a roll of his eyes.

He walks down onto the deck with concern on his face, sighing deeply. "It's no time to be picky! Not if we want to keep our..."

"Uh... Eret?" One of his men gets his attention, pointing to the sky.

Eret's eyes widen when he sees three dragons flying in the distance towards them.

"... Heads!" He laughs, "off the port quarter!" Eret shouts, the men preparing the ballistas. "Net them, lad! Take them down!"

Eret loads the ballista with a net, squinting to see the dragons before his eyes widen at the sight of the familiar Dragon riders.

"You're not gettin' away this time," he growls, switching the lever and firing the netting. "Fire!"

(D/N) vanishes with (Y/N), easily dodging the netting as Stormfly swoops above and spins, Toothless dodging left and right with grace.

"Reload!

"Reload..."

"Incoming!"

(D/N) lands on the ship with a snort, reappearing and startling several of the men as Eret narrows his eyes at the girl.

Hiccup lands besides her, Astrid at her other side and ready for battle as she grabs her battle axe.

"And here I was worried we might turn up empty handed," Eret smirks, aiming his sword at Hiccup.

Astrid rises from her seat, halting in confusion as Hiccup stops her.

"Nope. It's your lucky day," he grins widely, (Y/N) glancing at him as (D/N) rumbles with a raised brow. "We give up!"

Eret's brow raises as his smirk falls to a confused frown, his sword drooping.

"... Yep," (Y/N) slowly says after a moment, shrugging as Astrid stares at her in bewilderment. "Ah, I see. Okay. Here," she tosses her sword to Eret, who scrambles to catch it. "Take care of that. Family heirloom, you know."

"That's one Night Fury, one Deadly Nadder, and one Echo Angel," Hiccup cheerfully says, tossing the net on Astrid and grabbing her axe. "And three of the finest dragon riders west of Luk Tuk."

Eret continues to stare at them with wide eyes as (Y/N) walks past, swiftly drawing her dagger and holding it out to Eret as he jumps.

He snatches it from her with a glare before grunting as Hiccup shoves Astrid's axe to his chest, staring Eret down as he follows after (Y/N).

"That ought to make the boss happy, right?"

Toothless snarls at Eret as he passes, (D/N) blinking rapidly and trotting after (Y/N) with a concerned purr as he nudges her back.

"Now, is that how you treat a beautiful woman?" Hiccup tsks, shoving an axe away from (Y/N)'s path as she shakes her head with a small snicker.

"What are you doing?" Astrid whispers as (Y/N) hops into the cage, (D/N) starting to climb in after her.

"No, baby," (Y/N) coos softly as he whines, backing away. "You stay up here."

"You too, Toothless," Hiccup says as he climbs down, Astrid hopping in.