4

how have y'all been feeling on this fïne october day😘 anyways i kinda don't know what to write for this chapter so it might be short #writers block 👨

Jisung pov

Lee Minho.

"Oh! Welcome in have a seat!" he smile and glances at me and looking down at his paper again. "Ah, you're Han, nice seeing you again."

"Yes sir!" I say gritting my teeth from nervousness. I'm pretty sure he forgot who I was until he read my name on the paper.

"How do you feel today?" Minho asked.

"Very nervous.. I'm hearing you're a tough grader. Though I never say my nervousness aloud; because I think i'm going to be belittled. I'm feeling better now seeing that its you." I start rambling, "Oh i'm very sorry I'm rambling again."

I pinch my skin as I adjust the stand to my height. I place the music down and get into rest position. I fix my posture and look over at Minho. He's writing something down on a notepad, I start thinking i've already done something bad.

I normally pinch my skin as a stress response. I've done this since I was little. I never cried; just pinched myself. I never wanted to be called a crybaby. Never.

"Okay.. So I want you to start by doing a D major and Bb scale at 135 tempo. I'll play it once so it can help you," He says. I start thinking if me and that guy had a different grader because i'm starting to not notice anything devilish about him? "Okay, and there's your tempo. Start when I say go." He says with confidence.

I start tapping my foot at 135 tempo and he speaks a firm 'Go'. I start playing and I did and arpeggio because I didn't know if he wanted one done. "Wow an arpeggio, excellent! I didn't require one but good for you." He writes down on his paper again; I gain more confidence in myself as well. Realizing my mother isn't here to watch over my shoulder the entire time.

"Okay, now since you have back to back auditions with me. I'm going to have you start with the assistant concertmaster or aka second chair." He says and looks up at me.

"Yes, sir." I say quietly.

"Your tempo is 120, start when I say go, please."

He starts playing the metronome for a second and then stops it. I tap my heel against the floor and get into the rhythm of the piece. I start playing and realize my tone is off. I fix it when I was on a half note and continue. I close my eyes as I remember the music score; I start squeezing my eyes shut as this piece was making me sad. It was very rhythmic and sad.

This piece reminded me of my early childhood and the hours I spent practicing endlessly. A tear begins to fall from my shut eye. I open my teary eyes as the piece gets to the faster sharper part. It says to allegro with a crescendo. I put my whole soul into this piece because it made me feel, like I belonged somewhere, like music is relating to me. The piece begins to end with a crescendo piano.

I stop slowly and look up. I see Minho awestruck. Agape mouth. I smile as he claps a little.

"May I just say I have my results. You don't even have to play the concertmaster." He writes something quick on the paper. He gets up and handed me a sheet of paper. "Though, I do want you to do some sight reading, regardless to your score, this just shows me how fast you can adapt to music."

"Okay, will do."

"You may do any tempo between 100 and 160" Minho sighs as he sits back down in his chair.

"I'll do 160" I say shamelessly.

"Wow you're an achiever," He laughs a little, " Do you need me to play it for you?"

I shake my head no and turn to my music. "Start when you're ready."

I walk out of the room, bidding my goodbyes to Minho, once again. I see the boy who was in front of me inline just about 15 minutes ago. I turn away from him, assuming he was waiting for someone. I didn't hear footsteps behind me as I walked to the room where my case for my violin was. I open it up and see a tiny post it note.

I'm jealous of you. Han Jisung.

-lots of love
L

-

I wonder who wrote me this as I dont know anybody in this city, at all. Unless you consider Minho; then I guess I know somebody. I shrug it off and put my violin back in it's case. I start to wonder why i didn't put on a jacket, as now it was 830pm and it was quite literally 10F(-12C) The last time I checked.

I grab the handle of my case, along with my music and head out of the doors, confident I was at least going to get second chair. If so, I want to make enough money to travel to Europe, I want to go see France and the UK. Maybe if i'm really lucky, I can go to the United States. But that dream was shoved even farther past my own fantasies.

an-🤴 king jisung you dropped your crown lovely! anyways this chapter is about 900 words shorter than my last chapter 💔 but who cares!! not me i said short chapter 😋 GUYS IT GETS BETTER TRUST. give me a couple chapters and then it gets good 😔 do y'all want a full chapter of minho pov???

have a great 10/10/23

wc-959

"Do you have a minute?" MINSUNGOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara